Tyler Phommachanh injury | The Boneyard

Tyler Phommachanh injury

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Anyone have any information regarding the severity of his injury? I can’t seem to find much of anything.

Reaction Score
The quiet has me thinking they are fairly minor injuries, as in injuries they can return from this year. I heard Tyler Phommachanh just has a sprain, but it’s hearsay.

Reaction Score
The quiet has me thinking they are fairly minor injuries, as in injuries they can return from this year. I heard Tyler Phommachanh just has a sprain, but it’s hearsay.

If he's not back by the Middle game, or if he's back and Krajewski is playing well enough you wouldn't make a change anyway, I think redshirting him has to be considered.

Reaction Score
The most frustrating part of his injury is that it occurred when he was doing something completely unnecessary. He had nothing but open space between himself and the endzone and he was trying to avoid the DB gaining on him from his right rear. He should have just been going all out toward the left pylon and not looking behind him. He ended up being too creative for his own good. Live and learn.

I love the potential of Tyler Phommachanh and I think he can be our most impactful player since Dan O. He's is now the franchise and if he can't play in the next two games you redshirt without question.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
At this point we have seen what he can do
If he can come back at 100% and can step right back into the starting position you have to play him
As Blawyer said, if Steven Krajewski is doing well - it makes much more sense to redshirt Tyler Phommachanh

Reaction Score
Same with McFadden.
Outside of him grabbing the back of his leg after the missed field goal, was there any indication from anyone that he was injured? Taking a quick peek at the game replay, it looks like McFadden kicked off after our last touchdown. So I am thinking going for it on 4th down and the two 2 point conversions were coaches decisions and not because he was injured.

Reaction Score
The two, two-point conversions were what the chart says you do in those situations. They were fine. (I hated the decision to go for it on 4th down and that was the only reason to think he might have been injured, but if he were, I doubt he would've been kicking off)

The first two point conversion... the score is 22-27; you go for two and make it, it's a 3 point game and you only need a FG to tie. You kick the conversion you still need a TD.

The second two point conversion.. the score is 28-27; you go for two and make it, it's a 3 point game and Vandy's needs a TD to win.

In hindsight you can complain... hey we had two extra points and lost by two... but those were the right calls by the book and not something that should've indicated there was an injury.

Reaction Score
The two, two-point conversions were what the chart says you do in those situations. They were fine. (I hated the decision to go for it on 4th down and that was the only reason to think he might have been injured, but if he were, I doubt he would've been kicking off)

The first two point conversion... the score is 22-27; you go for two and make it, it's a 3 point game and you only need a FG to tie. You kick the conversion you still need a TD.

The second two point conversion.. the score is 28-27; you go for two and make it, it's a 3 point game and Vandy's needs a TD to win.

In hindsight you can complain... hey we had two extra points and lost by two... but those were the right calls by the book and not something that should've indicated there was an injury.
The first one was the correct call from the 3. After the 5 yard penalty, you can argue we should have taken the one (if that was even a possibility). Going for the 4th down was really dumb if we had a kicker, but it was early in the 2d half and Coaches have hunches -- or have a play they think changes the odds -- some times.

Hasn't anyone rewatched the game and looked to see if he was kicking off after the missed FG? That would answer the question.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Yes, McFadden indeed kicked off after the last touchdown. ESPN came in late for the previous kick so unsure about that one. They were too busy talking about the Vandy coach head butt (and showing more Kraft grilled cheese commercials.)

Reaction Score
The 4th & 2 in question where we ran Mensah instead of kicking the go-ahead FG in the 3rd qtr - that was on Spanos. He went with his hunch based on how we were moving the ball and it didn’t pan out. (read his quote somewhere - sorry, don’t have the link)

Reaction Score
The 4th & 2 in question where we ran Mensah instead of kicking the go-ahead FG in the 3rd qtr - that was on Spanos. He went with his hunch based on how we were moving the ball and it didn’t pan out. (read his quote somewhere - sorry, don’t have the link)
Post game press conference is one spot. MYbe others.

Reaction Score
McFadden did all of the kick-offs for the game. I didn't like the 4th down call.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Outside of him grabbing the back of his leg after the missed field goal, was there any indication from anyone that he was injured? Taking a quick peek at the game replay, it looks like McFadden kicked off after our last touchdown. So I am thinking going for it on 4th down and the two 2 point conversions were coaches decisions and not because he was injured.
The same way I look at my hand after I hook or slice off the tee. Shame injury.

Reaction Score
While not good, "out indefinitely" at least means it wasnt something more damaging like an ACL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom