Tyler Olander Explains Spring-Break Arrest, "Disappointing" Junior Season | The Boneyard

Tyler Olander Explains Spring-Break Arrest, "Disappointing" Junior Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kemballin'

Ehh whatever, that's in the past. I'm just looking forward to seeing him dominate this year.

Reaction Score
That's cute that he thinks he and Nolan will be on the court together.

K

Kemballin'

That's cute that he thinks he and Nolan will be on the court together.

Do you really question whether or not he can play the four and Nolan can play the five? They've both showed that they can in the past so I don't know where you're coming from.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Do you really question whether or not he can play the four and Nolan can play the five? They've both showed that they can in the past so I don't know where you're coming from.

there is this guy named daniels.....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He's a good kid and it comes across that way.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
...and he might start at the four but he's more of a three, plus he doesn't play the entire game.

i know but he is starting at the 4. there will likely be little time him and PN are on the floor together. you'd be correct if we did not have OC at the 3. i think its more likely nolan and olander don't see the floor much together. just my opinion

caw

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how minutes are used. You could argue for playing four returning starters 30-36 minutes a game. Then there is a huge ? around the fourth position. There also seems to be quality depth at the 2/3 with Kromah and Giffey, under the assumption that Kromah is 1:10th as good as his supporter thinks he is.

Napier and Boat should cover almost all the minutes at PG, Boat/Calhoun/Kromah the two. Calhoun/Kromah/Giffey the three. Daniels/Giffey/Facey the four. Then a three headed battle at the five with Nolan, Olander and Brimah.

I so love UConn having 13 scholarships again.

Reaction Score
Playing time will be plentiful next year, when UConn is up by 20 points with 10 minutes left. ;)

Olander's best position is at PF. He seems to do much better when he's paired on the floor with an athletic Center. I thought he played his best games paired next to Drummond his Sophomore year, until he hurt his foot/ankle & Oriahki replaced him in the line up. Last year Olander was forced to play Center. He was overmatched there. I think we'll see Daniels playing more SF this year (though starting at the 4).... then Olander & Facey battling it out as the back up PF and Nolan & Brimah picking up the Center position (Facey there too). It will all depend on the opponent & match ups, so it's hard to tell. It's why I see Olander, Nolan, Facey & Brimah averaging between anywhere between 3-6 pts and 3-6 rpg individually. Granted 1-2 will average more than the other, but none of them will be featured on offense. The key will be their defense & rebounding abilities. Scoring will be a bonus from any of these guys.

Reaction Score
Would love to see TO do well in a role he is suited for and end his UConn career on a high note.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
If Tyler is not able to contribute at the 5, I don't see how he is going to get into games. With DD playing the 4, the extra minutes at the 4 should go to Niels unless not possible due to matchups. After last year, I feel like Niels needs to be getting significant minutes every game whether it's at the 2, 3, or 4. He really came on and played his heart out, competing on the boards and doing whatever was asked of him. Frankly, I think that Niels has more right to be a captain than Tyler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom