Tyler Lorenzen - On CNBC | The Boneyard

Tyler Lorenzen - On CNBC

Reaction Score
Coupla peas grown in Puris’ Land of 10K Lakes base just up I-35 from Lorenzen’s native Hawkeye State. Good for Tyler!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah - I've tried the product. I can see why the stock has legs. Astonishing start actually.

I’m with you. My girlfriend eats no meat or dairy so I’ve been aware of BYND and it’s main competitor, impossible food for sometime now. It’s market is much broader than just vegans. Not saying I can say for certain they are healthier (higher in sodium and soy) but I will sometimes choose one over red meat. They’re good

Reaction Score
I remember an interview from Tyler's senior year that mentioned his family was involved with soybeans at the time. Good for him for trying to make a difference.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I will never forget the time I had to explain to Tyler what a pierogi was. It was 2008, the dude was holding up a big line in the dining hall because he was mystified by the food in front of him.

I don't think I can trust a food CEO that doesn't know what pierogies are. That being said, nutrition is also one of the reasons he is a Super Bowl champion while I'm sitting here on my couch!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Beyond Meat and Impossible are terrible for you.

Worse than what they are replacing.

Reaction Score
I’m with you. My girlfriend eats no meat or dairy so I’ve been aware of BYND and it’s main competitor, impossible food for sometime now. It’s market is much broader than just vegans. Not saying I can say for certain they are healthier (higher in sodium and soy) but I will sometimes choose one over red meat. They’re good
Saturated fat content is much lower than that of an 80/20 burger, no cholesterol

Sodium content looks higher because the burgers are seasoned and ready-to-cook. Everyone seasons their meat patties with salt and the outcome is likely similar.

Beyond products contain no soy (maybe soy lecethin as a binder, which is used in literally countless products), but regardless, risk concerns associated with soy intake are much smaller and less clear-cut than those associated with intake of red meats.

The niche Tyler needs to get in to now, going along perfectly with burgers, is keto- and paleo-friendly substitutes for bread/buns using butter lettuce or something. Nobody has figured out how to mass-produce buns for dopes who want to play caveman in 2020

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Saturated fat content is much lower than that of an 80/20 burger, no cholesterol

Sodium content looks higher because the burgers are seasoned and ready-to-cook. Everyone seasons their meat patties with salt and the outcome is likely similar.

Beyond products contain no soy (maybe soy lecethin as a binder, which is used in literally countless products), but regardless, risk concerns associated with soy intake are much smaller and less clear-cut than those associated with intake of red meats.

The niche Tyler needs to get in to now, going along perfectly with burgers, is keto- and paleo-friendly substitutes for bread/buns using butter lettuce or something. Nobody has figured out how to mass-produce buns for dopes who want to play caveman in 2020
Cauliflower bro. It’s all about the cauliflower.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom