OT: Tyler Coyle | The Boneyard

OT: Tyler Coyle

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Had a very good pro day and hopefully he gets picked in the last day in rounds 5-7

S Tyler Coyle

Height: 6'1″ (66th percentile)
Weight: 209 (70th)
Arm: 32 3/8 (78th)
Vertical: 39 (85th)
Broad: 133 (96th)
Bench: 24 reps (97th)
40-yard: 4.36 (97th)
Short shuttle: 4.00 (93rd)
3-cone: 7.14 (18th)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Are those percentiles for his position or overall?

I think overall but they don't explain it. Though looking at lineman and others he is in good company for sure with those numbers. I wish he had a better senior year but he played linebacker for Purdue.

Reaction Score
I think overall but they don't explain it. Though looking at lineman and others he is in good company for sure with those numbers. I wish he had a better senior year but he played linebacker for Purdue.
Strange they would put a 6' 1, 209 lb guy who runs 4.36 at LBer. Did they run a 3-3-5 on D?

Reaction Score
He was great for us at safety. In addition to his physical gifts he was a kid you never heard a bad word about.

I suspect he will have a long NFL career.

Reaction Score
Strange they would put a 6' 1, 209 lb guy who runs 4.36 at LBer. Did they run a 3-3-5 on D?
I could be wrong but I think he playing on 3rd downs only in passing situations. Even though he was listed as a linebacker he was really a nickel back playing close to the line of scrimmage.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I think he playing on 3rd downs only in passing situations. Even though he was listed as a linebacker he was really a nickel back playing close to the line of scrimmage.
He played weak side linebacker and was in on third downs as you stated.

I think he sticks whether he is drafted or not. Special teams will be his calling card early on, but he has talent as we all know

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see what his percentiles would be with just his position. I'm guessing probably in the upper 80's to low 90's.

Reaction Score
Had a very good pro day and hopefully he gets picked in the last day in rounds 5-7

S Tyler Coyle

Height: 6'1″ (66th percentile)
Weight: 209 (70th)
Arm: 32 3/8 (78th)
Vertical: 39 (85th)
Broad: 133 (96th)
Bench: 24 reps (97th)
40-yard: 4.36 (97th)
Short shuttle: 4.00 (93rd)
3-cone: 7.14 (18th)
Great numbers... I think he's got a real shot at playing in the league for awhile... I can see him having a Blidi Wrei Wilson type career, but at S instead of CB.. I'm hoping for it and rooting for him big time... IF he's around late in the draft I hope my Cowboys scoop him up.. We need big and fast Safety help/depth...big time...

Reaction Score
Great numbers... I think he's got a real shot at playing in the league for awhile... I can see him having a Blidi Wrei Wilson type career, but at S instead of CB.. I'm hoping for it and rooting for him big time... IF he's around late in the draft I hope my Cowboys scoop him up.. We need big and fast Safety help/depth...big time...
I feel like he'd be more of a Patriot type of player. Especially now that Patrick Chung retired and it looks like they will be losing one of the McCourty's to free agency.

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <-

-> Coyle was a year ahead in high school and aspired to play for UConn, where he became a captain in 2019. He played 34 games for the Huskies, becoming one of the most productive tacklers in the American Athletic Conference, returning two interceptions for scores.

“It made me an all-around, complete player,” Coyle says. “Being from Windsor, I didn’t lose a lot. But being at UConn, it kind of humbled me. In college, you really need everyone to do their job or it can be an explosive play. I look back on it, and I wouldn’t change anything.”

He left to play as a grad student at Purdue, to reunite with defensive coaches Bob Diaco and Anthony Poindexter, who had recruited him to UConn. With COVID delaying and disrupting the season, and an injury, Coyle played only three games, but made 13 tackles. <-

Reaction Score
Coyle's pro day stats are good, except for his 3 cone time of 7.14 seconds. Remember, 3 cone is a measure of how fast a player can change direction while accelerating which is critical for a cornerback. It looks like he was 18th percentile for this stat as the average 3 cone for a CB is about 6.88 seconds. That said, the CB who ran the fastest 3 cone for CB ever, Jordan Thomas from Oklahoma with a 6.28, didn't get drafted.

Reaction Score
With all the missed tackles from our LB's and CB's. Man our D was shameful.
While our D speed improved, you’re right about the number of missed and broken tackles vs ball carriers and receivers. Lack of strength was a big factor. If Omar Fortt’s transformation is any indication, this fall our bigger, stronger D should reverse that trend.

Reaction Score
While our D speed improved, you’re right about the number of missed and broken tackles vs ball carriers and receivers. Lack of strength was a big factor. If Omar Fortt’s transformation is any indication, this fall our bigger, stronger D should reverse that trend.
I believe in this team. I think we're gonna shut up a lot these naysayers on this board this coming season. Don't think our D will accept being disrespected any longer... This program's ascending.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Coyle's pro day stats are good, except for his 3 cone time of 7.14 seconds. Remember, 3 cone is a measure of how fast a player can change direction while accelerating which is critical for a cornerback. It looks like he was 18th percentile for this stat as the average 3 cone for a CB is about 6.88 seconds. That said, the CB who ran the fastest 3 cone for CB ever, Jordan Thomas from Oklahoma with a 6.28, didn't get drafted.
the 3 cone is important but not as much for safeties and he will be a more in the box safety who has some coverage skills 7.10 is avg for safeties. While on the lower side it isn't bad especially with the other boxes he checks.

I have read in a few places that he ends up in round 6 or 7. A little better guaranteed money in bonuses but in free agency he can pick a team and still get get a good bonus

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom