Tx's weird schedule | The Boneyard

Tx's weird schedule

Reaction Score
As many of you probably recall, Texas lost 4 of its first 6 games. Since starting 2-4, they've reeled off 16 in a row. Pretty good!

But now, they are facing a brutal 5 game stretch, where they face Baylor twice and play @FSU and @ok. They are very likely to lose at least 3 of those games. It wouldn't be a shock if they lost 4 out of 5.

Just a weird schedule where their toughest games were crammed into two short stretches.

Reaction Score
Yes, ridiculous schedule for them. They may come out pretty beaten down.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As many of you probably recall, Texas lost 4 of its first 6 games. Since starting 2-4, they've reeled off 16 in a row. Pretty good!

But now, they are facing a brutal 5 game stretch, where they face Baylor twice and play @FSU and @ok. They are very likely to lose at least 3 of those games. It wouldn't be a shock if they lost 4 out of 5.

Just a weird schedule where their toughest games were crammed into two short stretches.

It's weird how they play Baylor twice in a two-week period, 2/6 and 2/20. Also weird how they play a high-profile OOC game in February; I guess UConn has helped popularize this?

Texas hasn't won in Norman since 2010. I'm feeling Oklahoma is the slight favorite this year as well.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The Big 12 likes to schedule all of their marquee games at the end of the season. They've done it in football for a number of years and they are now doing it in basketball. It builds interest during the season as teams develop, leading up to a showdown at the end of the season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Unless Mompremier comes back from her ankle injury I think this game may be pretty close. Baylor needs her to check Jordan Holmes. Nina Davis just doesn't have the size to take on that challenge.

In all the other match-ups I give the edge to Baylor.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Unless Mompremier comes back from her ankle injury I think this game may be pretty close. Baylor needs her to check Jordan Holmes. Nina Davis just doesn't have the size to take on that challenge.

First, what the heck happened to your logo? I have to keep doing a double take, this current logo is too subtle, not really your style. Second, the thread is about Texas yet you add the comment on "other matchups". Texas did a great job on the schedule in theory based on what Karen A. has done in her brief time (showing National Power type presence) however the team was not quite in sync early on. They have jelled since, just not sure if it's enough this year. I do think they beat Ok and ETT is correct that the Texas home game vs. Baylor is ripe for a Texas win if Beatrice is still out. That said, I will go "long" on Texas and say only 2 losses. I think they are Elite 8. BTW like the pun on Texas?

Reaction Score
Baylor should win, with their size and great depth, but Texas has a chance if everything falls just right. They would have to shoot very well, hit free throws well which they usually don't, and maybe something extra like Higgs, Holmes, or Atkins going off.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

You mean that Lauren Cox is not up to the challenge?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You mean that Lauren Cox is not up to the challenge?

Not in my opinion.
First, what the heck happened to your logo? I have to keep doing a double take, this current logo is too subtle, not really your style. Second, the thread is about Texas yet you add the comment on "other matchups". Texas did a great job on the schedule in theory based on what Karen A. has done in her brief time (showing National Power type presence) however the team was not quite in sync early on. They have jelled since, just not sure if it's enough this year. I do think they beat Ok and ETT is correct that the Texas home game vs. Baylor is ripe for a Texas win if Beatrice is still out. That said, I will go "long" on Texas and say only 2 losses. I think they are Elite 8. BTW like the pun on Texas?

I'm trying to have a softer image, much like Mulkey's wardrobe of late.

Quite frankly, I am not as confident about Baylor beating Texas as I was previously. You are right that they have jelled and are a much better team than they were earlier in the season. However, Texas did struggle to beat KSU at home, a team that Baylor has beaten twice by an average of 36 points.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I love the Mulkey comment about the wardrobe! She is one competitive son of a gun as well! I like the delusions of Tenn thinking they could get Mulkey or Walz to their program. Legitimately though, if they did pull he trigger on Holly, they could get Ashton or maybe even Schaffer (I do think he is building a nice program there).

Reaction Score
Nope, Aston would not go to Tenn. She has anything she wants at Texas. Why would she go to Knoxville? They have beaten Tenn three years in a row now and the future looks good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom