TX HS Football | The Boneyard

TX HS Football

Reaction Score
Watching the game on ESPN2 tonight (I have relatives there). Curious: how would these teams do against a school like Trinity or even 1-AA CCSU?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
They would get destroyed this is a silly question. A senior in college v. a sophomore in high school one is essentially a grown man and the other is a child.

Reaction Score
They would get destroyed this is a silly question. A senior in college v. a sophomore in high school one is essentially a grown man and the other is a child.

Silly?
In basketball, I have no doubt that top HS teams could beat D3 opponents. The athleticism and raw talent is too great.
I was merely asking how FB would compare.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Silly?
In basketball, I have no doubt that top HS teams could beat D3 opponents. The athleticism and raw talent is too great.
I was merely asking how FB would compare.

You said a 1-AA CCSU... that isn't a d3 school. Top HS teams still at the end of the day are high school teams, and basketball doesn't compare the same. This is just like the pro women's basketball v. high school basketball argument. It's a truly just a different game all together.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I would bet a top Texas high school team would give a Division 3 football team all they could handle. I wouldn't be surpised at all if a high school team from Allen, Katy, or Plano, TX would beat a team from WCSU or ECSU by 21. Playing a Division 2 school would be a challenge. I don't think a top high school team could beat a competent Division 2 school.

The coaching at the top of Texas high school football is extremely good. And some schools attract families from all over the country to move there just for football. One top Dallas area school needed a QB and suddenly two nationally ranked QB's moved there from Minnesota and Houston.

Reaction Score
There are D3 schools that wouldn't stand a chance and others that would wipe the floor with them. D3 football disparity top to bottom is probably the biggest in all of college sports

Reaction Score
You said a 1-AA CCSU... that isn't a d3 school.

But is it any better? I've never seen ccsu, but know they are a weak D1 team. Would they beat a good D3 team like Trinity?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
FWIW ....

I've seen in person a lot of top Texas high school football and top 10 JUCO football. Two observations:

1) As expected, the JUCO players are slightly bigger and faster.
2) The high school teams are much more disciplined and make far fewer mistakes.

It would be like watching Florida State (JUCO) play Navy (Texas high school football).

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
But is it any better? I've never seen ccsu, but know they are a weak D1 team. Would they beat a good D3 team like Trinity?

Unquestionably.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom