Two USF basketball players home safe after being left at airport | The Boneyard

Two USF basketball players home safe after being left at airport

Reaction Score
Wow, these are young adults and they can not wake up to board a plane? Who falls asleep at the gate? Immature, they need to grow up.

Reaction Score
Macaulay-Culkin-home-alone.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They played Thursday night, took an early morning flight to Houston where they fell asleep before their connecting flight because they were freaking tired.

You think that's a sign of immaturity? It's a sign of being tired.

Here's an idea - you have a staff of adults and support people all making six figures. Have one of those doofuses count to 13 and make sure everyone's on the plane.

Reaction Score
As someone who does quite a bit of traveling... you'd be surprised how often I've seen this happen over the years and w/ business professionals.
I've done quite a bit too. 30 countries and extensive travelling within each of them, been living abroad for 5 of the past 8 years, etc.. Done Izmir-Istanbul-Chicago-DC and did not fall asleep in Chicago or Beijing-NYC-Hartford, did not crash in NYC, etc. so hard for me to understand.

Reaction Score
Here's an idea - you have a staff of adults and support people all making six figures. Have one of those doofuses count to 13 and make sure everyone's on the plane.

personal responsibility.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's dumb.

They're college kids ten hours removed from a game.

That.s the problem with America, we have to hold everyones hands.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's dumb.

They're college kids ten hours removed from a game.
So what? You know you have a flight, do everything needed to board it. If you are feeling sleepy a simple "Hey coach, we are gonna close our eyes for a bit, wake us when boarding starts" is pretty damn easy. Or simply setting your alarm on your smart phone to go off 5 minutes before scheduled boarding is not hard if you know you are dozing off. Were they not with the team? Tell a few of your team mates "Hey, we can't keep our eyes open, nudge us when boarding starts" is rather simple. IMO this is basically on them. Yah, the older adults should have done a head count, but otherwise, this is on the players....These are not little children, they are young adults.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They played Thursday night, took an early morning flight to Houston where they fell asleep before their connecting flight because they were freaking tired.

You think that's a sign of immaturity? It's a sign of being tired.

not sure if maturity/lack of is the issue - its more of responsibility
tired? so these two were the only guys so tired they screwed up
Yes, the staff could have counted but this isn't the first time they guys have flown and they know the drill
These aren't 12 yos - time they handled situations like this with a higher degree of responsibility
To pass it all off as being tired is a crazy and allowing young adults to do such things with little/no ramnifications

Reaction Score
We left our second baseman at McDonalds after a game at Williams College. The State Police flagged us down on the highway with him in tow. Funny we didn't miss him. (This was long before cell phones.)

Reaction Score
You travel with college kids it is your responsibility to make sure all are accounted. I could see if they failed to get back to the hotel or missed a team bus. If they are sitting in the terminal with you, how do you miss tow individuals are are probably at least 6'2" and 200 lbs +?

Not like they were out at the club or goofing off. As the coach I would be embarrassed. As a team captain I would be embarrassed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I missed a flight recently because I was preoccupied in a terminal bathroom after eating at red lobster the night before.

For an intelligent middle aged guy, you've got some of the biggest fast food balls I've ever seen. You'll eat anything.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
For an intelligent middle aged guy, you've got some of the biggest fast food balls I've ever seen. You'll eat anything.

I ate it on a message board dare and live tweeted the experience.

Reaction Score
For those on the rant ...

How long has it been since you have been around 18-23 year old KIDS.

Yes, accountability. But - PLEASE - they do screw up. These things do happen. I think y'all are funny. You and your Istanbul to wherever to wherever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom