Two UConn Football Players Arrested (updated) | The Boneyard

Two UConn Football Players Arrested (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Two members of the 2019 UConn football team, safety Oneil Robinson and running back Khyon Gillespie, were arrested last week on charges of burglary, larceny and making false statements to the police. Gillespie has been “suspended indefinitely,” according to an athletic department spokesman

Reaction Score
Since this happens every year, and on multiple teams, you have to wonder how what in the world the athletic department is telling our student-athletes. This is clearly an on-going institutional failure. The names change, the behavior doesn't. I don't know what the AD is doing but they really need to address this situation.

Reaction Score
Since this happens every year, and on multiple teams, you have to wonder how what in the world the athletic department is telling our student-athletes. This is clearly an on-going institutional failure. The names change, the behavior doesn't. I don't know what the AD is doing but they really need to address this situation.

I don't get it ... did some authority give you a "MORAL LICENSE" ... there is nothing in the brief statement nor any tie to any previous kid.

Reaction Score
I don't get it ... did some authority give you a "MORAL LICENSE" ... there is nothing in the brief statement nor any tie to any previous kid.
Some of these guys come from less than ideal environments with limited support. It’s nearly impossible to keep them all on the straight and narrow. I worry more about the average student getting victimized. Like the Baylor crap show. UConn does a pretty good job all things considered. Frankly, the more that athletes are integrated into the student population and are seen as ambassadors and role models instead of isolated privileged special kids doing their own thing, the better.

Reaction Score
There have been incidents as recently as Bouknight. And Adams and guys stealing form the co-op and on and on. This is a reoccurring problem. One that needs to be addressed at the Athletic Director of institutional level.

Do the kids go through any kind of classes or training on how to behave? On the expectations of UConn athletes? Do we bring in guys that have blown up their athletic careers to talk to our student atletes? Is there a captain's council that reads thees guys the riot act before they screw up? Do the sports handle this individually or is there a department wide system?

I don't need "MORAL LICENSE." It just takes COMMON SENSE to watch the same problems spring up year after year and figure out hat it needs to be addressed.

Reaction Score
There have been incidents as recently as Bouknight. And Adams and guys stealing form the co-op and on and on. This is a reoccurring problem. One that needs to be addressed at the Athletic Director of institutional level.

Do the kids go through any kind of classes or training on how to behave? On the expectations of UConn athletes? Do we bring in guys that have blown up their athletic careers to talk to our student atletes? Is there a captain's council that reads thees guys the riot act before they screw up? Do the sports handle this individually or is there a department wide system?

I don't need "MORAL LICENSE." It just takes COMMON SENSE to watch the same problems spring up year after year and figure out hat it needs to be addressed.

He (Clarett) was here this year as wellI believe... Mike Anthony: UConn men’s basketball players learn important life lessons from Chris Herren and Maurice Clarett

Reaction Score
Gillespie was suspended all of last season due to academics. Robinson of course went into the portal.. the other thread indicates that Gillespie's involvement may have been believed initially to be less significant.

Reaction Score

I'm sure there are plenty of non student athletes that are getting caught doing the same things, only it doesn't make the news because no one would care.

Reaction Score
Lol....we should definitely tell all of our athletes not to get arrested.

Can’t believe no one thought of this before.

Very funny. But apparently the point went over your fins.

Reaction Score
Hey, Rutgers would love to have these problems. Their guys go for armed robbery and assault, and murder plots. Randy does a pretty good job of keeping these kids on a good path

Reaction Score
This happens at many schools. UConn is not unique. Athletes are dumb. Not a major revelation.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

OK BOOMER

Reaction Score
This is very interesting.....

Yeah, I would advise him to not tweet anything. The fact a warrant was signed indicates that the prosecuting authority AND the judge believed there was probably cause for an arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom