Two UConn Football Players Arrested (updated) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Two UConn Football Players Arrested (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There isn't a campus in America or an athletic department that doesn't have at least one incident that involves a student athlete. It's a small mirror of society as a whole. I had players go to Williams, Tufts, Nova, Brown, Maryland, Arizona, FSU, U of Texas, WVU, Miami Ohio, etc and all have talked about kids in the athletic side or regular student population who have been involved in criminal activity and arrested/expelled.
Why act as if it it isolated only to UConn? I hardly blame the AD. Telling kids about "proper behavior" and expecting them to live by that credo are two separate issues.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t it be more accurate to describe them as former players since all 3 have entered the portal and are not participating in Spring ball. Or at least that is my understanding. FWIT if these guys were stars I suspect they’d be using Rob Britt to fix things and they’d get AR. And there would be a bunch of posts about how they are misunderstood yoofs and it was the victims’ fault for having a playstation.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t it be more accurate to describe them as former players since all 3 have entered the portal and are not participating in Spring ball.

Gillispie is not in the portal (or as of yet) - he's suspended indefinitely. He is still on the roster today.

Reaction Score
Lottttttts of Ok Boomer happening in this thread.

Lets just go ahead and wait this one out before we hand out moral judgments or the even more absurd "athletes are dumb" or "portal kids have issues". For crying out loud non-athletes are just as dumb, get arrested just as much, they just don't have dedicated beat reporters to amplify the dumb things they do into news stories.

Some on this board are the worst. #boneyardin

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Imagine just certain dorm room contents are worth $5,000. When Chief attended - I can’t imagine content beyond clothes and University furniture being worth more than a few hundred dollars. Times have changed.
just thinking of the jeep rear seat on cinderblocks to lounge on, with milk crates to hold the books...

sharing a phone line in the hall with a few line splitters...

LOL

Reaction Score
I think that we are out of touch...you can find the Yeezy 500 shoe on Amazon for $795...four pairs of shoes might be valued more than you think.

Reaction Score
This is very interesting.....

As some of you may know I am really close friends with Khyon Gillespie father. His father gave me all the info and I would like to share it with you fellow boneyarders. So Ky, O’Neil and Carrol all had court on Monday and charges were dropped for Robinson and Ky, they were not involved. Carrol was the one that actually took all those items from that dorm room. My and Robinson were not there when he committed the robbery. What happened was the switch was given to Ky and a tv was given to Robinson by carrol. Then, a few days later the campus police had been given some info that Ky and Robinson were involved. At first Ky and Robinson said they took certain items to only protect carrol ( they didn’t want to snitch carrol out ) afterwards carrol took full responsibility which cleared the two on Monday at the court.. My friend showed me the statement that carrol wrote. My friend told me Edsall was being really hard on Ky and Robinson even when they told Edsall they weren’t involved and that’s what’s pushing O’Neil to transfer out. Ky will stay with the team though.

Reaction Score
There isn't a campus in America or an athletic department that doesn't have at least one incident that involves a student athlete. It's a small mirror of society as a whole. I had players go to Williams, Tufts, Nova, Brown, Maryland, Arizona, FSU, U of Texas, WVU, Miami Ohio, etc and all have talked about kids in the athletic side or regular student population who have been involved in criminal activity and arrested/expelled.
Why act as if it it isolated only to UConn? I hardly blame the AD. Telling kids about "proper behavior" and expecting them to live by that credo are two separate issues.
When you've been losing the past pretty much 10 seasons, folks love to add a little more salt to the wound... Know what I mean?

Reaction Score
As some of you may know I am really close friends with Khyon Gillespie father. His father gave me all the info and I would like to share it with you fellow boneyarders. So Ky, O’Neil and Carrol all had court on Monday and charges were dropped for Robinson and Ky, they were not involved. Carrol was the one that actually took all those items from that dorm room. My and Robinson were not there when he committed the robbery. What happened was the switch was given to Ky and a tv was given to Robinson by carrol. Then, a few days later the campus police had been given some info that Ky and Robinson were involved. At first Ky and Robinson said they took certain items to only protect carrol ( they didn’t want to snitch carrol out ) afterwards carrol took full responsibility which cleared the two on Monday at the court.. My friend showed me the statement that carrol wrote. My friend told me Edsall was being really hard on Ky and Robinson even when they told Edsall they weren’t involved and that’s what’s pushing O’Neil to transfer out. Ky will stay with the team though.
Thanks for sharing this... Rest assured, some "fans" will still vilify the innocent because they don't like hearing complete truths (how they were aware of some things and didn't come forward still makes them "thugs".. which is pure NONSENSE!) like I eluded to in my response to @gtcam with the program struggling to win (on paper) it's easy to find scapegoats. We're all guilty of feeling like our players aren't good enough to win. But, because we're antsy about "winning", we forget about the 3 coaching changes over the last decade, which, basically sets you back a bit. 3 different philosophies of building a program in 10 years for a program that was never completely established at the FBS level is a tough tough task... Finger pointing happens.

Now, here's hoping we can see these kids bounce back, whether they're still here or not. That's most important.

To the one that is still here, I pray he blows the roof off this place to the point Edsall (who is as stern as they get. He doesn't tolerate not even one hiccup to kindly.. Never did) is put in a position to promote him as an example of true perseverance, which the players of this program is built on.

Now.. Let's go win some ******* football games Huskies!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Its pretty clear, @ktuck911 would be a good one to have in your fox hole in life. Plus, he's gonna find a hundred ideas to transfer others into your fox hole during the battle.

Reaction Score
I’m glad to hear some Gillespie and Robinson were cleared. I hardly think being suspended from the team until the matter was resolved was inappropriate though, especially when they initially covered for the other knucklehead. I hope Ky returns and has a terrific season.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I wonder if O'Neill might come to his senses and ask to be reinstated. First, if you made a statement to the police admitting to a crime that's a serious matter even if you tell the coach you didn't actually commit the act. It was perfectly reasonable to punish them. Second, the portal is filled with far more players than there are available scholarship opportunities. If Edsall's smart he makes it clear what the punishment boundaries are and tells Robinson that there can still be a spot for him once his penance is finished.

Reaction Score
just thinking of the jeep rear seat on cinderblocks to lounge on, with milk crates to hold the books...

sharing a phone line in the hall with a few line splitters...

LOL
College sure changed in 35 years...game system...it was game boards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom