Two things made me laugh yesterday | The Boneyard

Two things made me laugh yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Edsall pulling an Edsall against his old nemesis Wake Forest. Injuries yada yada, it's always something with him. I guess bowl eligibility will have to wait another week.

FSU demolishing Clemson after ESPN spent the whole season telling us how great they were all season long.

Reaction Score
I was watching that UMD Wake game only cause it was on directly after ours. For whatever reason, Grobe always pulls out all the stops against Edsall coached teams. End arounds, lateral to WR then pass down field 2x, once near the goal line. Edsall must hate Grobe.

FSU's playmakers at WR are sickening. Those dudes go up for the ball in traffic and come down with it. Even when the ball isn't perfectly thrown, and I mean they go UP.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Wake is not that great of a team, RE has no excuse for that one.

Clemson beat a UGA team that wasn't banged up yet. I think they deserved the hype. But, you have to wonder about coaching at Clemson when they get smoked like that at home. I really thought Boyd would outplay the redshirt freshman. If venables is that great, you would think he could have found a way to rattle the freshman.

Reaction Score
FSU's playmakers at WR are sickening. Those dudes go up for the ball in traffic and come down with it. Even when the ball isn't perfectly thrown, and I mean they go UP.

FSU has the right QB now... that kid is a BEAST...

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Wake is not that great of a team, RE has no excuse for that one.

Clemson beat a UGA team that wasn't banged up yet. I think they deserved the hype. But, you have to wonder about coaching at Clemson when they get smoked like that at home. I really thought Boyd would outplay the redshirt freshman. If venables is that great, you would think he could have found a way to rattle the freshman.

UGA is not good. Honestly, if Mizzou is two games clear in their division then that conf is having a down year.

Reaction Score
Edsall pulling an Edsall against his old nemesis Wake Forest. Injuries yada yada, it's always something with him. I guess bowl eligibility will have to wait another week.

FSU demolishing Clemson after ESPN spent the whole season telling us how great they were all season long.
I called that one. FSU will win the whole shebang.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
UGA is not good. Honestly, if Mizzou is two games clear in their division then that conf is having a down year.

They were good when Clemson played them. They have been decimated by injuries. The UGA team that Missouri played was not near the same UGA team that Clemson played and beat.

Reaction Score
FSU is clearly a very good team. But there is no way the alleged number 3 team in the country should be dismantled like that at home. Maybe some of it was the fact that things went against Clemson early and they didn't have it in them to recover, but they looked like they had some dog in them for sure.

Reaction Score
FSU has the right QB now... that kid is a BEAST...

Amazing QB, among the best I have ever seen play in person. He flicks his arm and throws the ball 40 yards. He doesn't run, he seems to glide. You think he isn't giving much effort but then realize that he is pulling away from the guy who is chasing him. Extremely cool as well.

A little credit to the FSU defense as well. The shut down a pretty good Clemson offense. They have athlete all over the field.

Realistic chance they go undefeated and do not play in the Championship game which could well be Alabama vs Oregon.

Reaction Score
I thought Clemson was playing hard. Just thought FSU was that much better. Again, Winston is good, but those WRs, wow.

Reaction Score
I thought FSU's OL played very well...on the flip side Boyd was under pressure a fair amount.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's hard to see Alabama and Oregon not being undefeated. Florida State certainly has a chance. Baylor could get there.

Reaction Score
They were good when Clemson played them. They have been decimated by injuries. The UGA team that Missouri played was not near the same UGA team that Clemson played and beat.
Mizzou had to play their backup QB whose only a Fr I think and were beat by SU late last season at home.Yet there 2 games up in there SEC division!CFB is crazy with upsets.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Mizzou had to play their backup QB whose only a Fr I think and were beat by SU late last season at home.Yet there 2 games up in there SEC division!CFB is crazy with upsets.

Mizzou played UGA with their starting QB. Backup QB played against Florida yesterday. Florida is decimated by injuries also.

What they did last year is irrelevant.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, picking anyone other than Alabama is way too dangerous. Until somebody outside of the SEC beats them, they should always be the favorite to win the NC.

Reaction Score

Like I said. SEC is in a down year overall.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
The ACC has so many good teams it would seem unlikely that FSU would be able to run the table.

Reaction Score
The ACC has so many good teams it would seem unlikely that FSU would be able to run the table.

Is that serious? The ACC is incredibly weak after FSU and Clemson, and you just saw what FSU did to Clemson at Clemson.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is that serious? The ACC is incredibly weak after FSU and Clemson, and you just saw what FSU did to Clemson at Clemson.

If you are being fair Miami and VPI are in the top 16. The ACC is at worst the third best league this season

Reaction Score
Forgot about Tech. Miami has won a lot of close games over blah teams and the QB Morris is shaky. The one time I saw Tech they were having a devil of a time with Marshall.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes not every team is undefeated... VPI lost to Alabama and got to AP top 16 a yet someone saw them not beat someone by something.

Reaction Score
If you think they're great, that's your opinion. I think that Florida State has very good chance to run the table from here on out. I really don't see any one in the ACC that can trip them up. I think Alabama will have tougher trek to go unbeaten. FSU's next two games are NC State and Miami at home. They do end the season at Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom