Two Things I really like | The Boneyard

Two Things I really like

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1. A lack of injuries

Injuries over the course of a season is a huge reason for not meeting expectations and a lack of them can help exceed. A lot of good players went down this week - UConn coming away clean with a win is a very good thing.

2. The schedule

Don't want to overreact to one game for anyone but some teams on the schedule played poorly enough to be a little encouraged. Tulane obviously. but Tulsa, UCF... and ECU is going to have issues.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Great call out on the injury front. Injuries are what exposed the depth issues last year and made the team unwatchable. Gotta give some credit to Balis on this. BD gets some credit for emphasizing nutrition also.

Reaction Score
1. A lack of injuries

Injuries over the course of a season is a huge reason for not meeting expectations and a lack of them can help exceed. A lot of good players went down this week - UConn coming away clean with a win is a very good thing.

2. The schedule

Don't want to overreact to one game for anyone but some teams on the schedule played poorly enough to be a little encouraged. Tulane obviously. but Tulsa, UCF... and ECU is going to have issues.

It kinda sucks we don't play Tulsa this year.

I also do not understand these AAC divisions. Seems very unbalanced.

Reaction Score

Geographically they are about right.

Reaction Score
Great call out on the injury front. Injuries are what exposed the depth issues last year and made the team unwatchable. Gotta give some credit to Balis on this. BD gets some credit for emphasizing nutrition also.
The team the last 4 years would have not won this game. They won the little battles and in the past they would have lost. This is a direct result of Matt Balis IMO.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

LOL good point. Not sure why I forgot that they don't.

It's good to not play Tulsa. Makes it feel less real they are in the league.

The divisions seem pretty balanced to me. You have to split the Florida teams and Navy had to be with the Texas teams. Not sure what other combo would make any more sense.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Two things I really like :

image.jpg

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I also like getting through week 1 healthy. Sure beats last season when we lost our starting QB.

I'm a little worried about Joseph still being a little banged up. Hicks didn't seem very effective when JJ had to come out, and with Foley out for the first half, we need our defense to be as stout as possible.

Reaction Score
I'll add to the list:

- We didn't see any weird substitutions (yanking the QB, playing 50 kids, etc.)

- There was no talk about preseason games

- We look like a competent (not great) football team. For the first time, Diaco has given me reason to believe that he can turn this around.

Reaction Score
Two things I really like :

View attachment 10460
Inquiring minds want to know: Will she be appearing at the RENT at half time in "Uniform" with the marching band to help celebrate Military Appreciation Day? If so. John just might overcome his crush on Emily Noonan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom