Two stats I am keeping an eye out for: 1. Free throw discrepancy | The Boneyard

Two stats I am keeping an eye out for: 1. Free throw discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And 2) how many times UConn players dive to the ground.

UConn has the talent and athleticism to match Kansas, and even has a height advantage over many of the Kansas players. The defenses are comparable with a slight edge to UConn. While UConn has played much better offense of late (going from ranking of below 120 to in the 50s in Kenpom offensive efficiency over the past few weeks), Kansas has the edge. Both teams are led by 2 great coaches, and both programs have a lot of rich tradition and success. UConn is the underdog but I think this game is going to be much closer than most non-UConn fans think.

If UConn is going to pull off the win they need to:

1) be aggressive in attacking the rim and getting to the line early and often. This is not something UConn has done all too well throughout this year but will be key in this game. We are the number 1 team in the country in free throw percentage and we need to take full advantage of it. Almost every opponent we have played has attempted more free throws than us (even the really weak opponents), today has got to be different.

2) Dive to the floor, and just leave everything they have on the hardwood. One of the knacks I have against the team is that we rarely see players dive to the ground. I can only recall two times this whole year one was by Jalen recently and the other by Shonn during the first Tulsa game. Even in the Colorado game there was a moment where Josh Scott fumbled the ball and he was surrounded by 4 UConn players not one of them dived for the ball and instead they just hacked Josh's arm. Even the announcers called UConn players out for not diving.

I have a lot of faith in the coach and this team. This really feels like an elite 8 game because I think the winner of this will make it to the Final Four. If UConn can shoot more free throws than Kansas and I see more UConn players diving for the ball and laying it all out there, then I have no doubt we will win the game!

And one more thing, lets gooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3
Top Bottom