Two Predictions | The Boneyard

Two Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Keep in mind, I'm under the influence of tryptophan and Geno's red wine. I believe UConn will call a new conference home & Ollie will have a longterm contract all before the clock strikes midnight on New Years Eve.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Keep in mind, I'm under the influence of tryptophan and Geno's red wine. I believe UConn will call a new conference home & Ollie will have a longterm contract all before the clock strikes midnight on New Years Eve.
So we are joining the Patriot League and Ollie will be the new head coach of UCLA??:confused:

Reaction Score
If UConn merges with the ACC's carcasses: Puke, Wake, BCU, 'Cuse, Pitt, Miami will that be a "new conference?"

Reaction Score
If UConn merges with the ACC's carcasses: Puke, Wake, BCU, 'Cuse, Pitt, Miami will that be a "new conference?"
If that really does happen, those "big schools" sure are pushing hard to make sure we earn our stripes. Eh, whatever. 3 national titles in men's basketball!

Reaction Score
It would be infinitely better than the garbage can that is the Big East.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. If this is a "worst case" I can live with it. Good hoops and serviceable football, at least enough to have competitive enough games and continued great tailgates.

It would be infinitely better than the garbage can that is the Big East.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I have about 24 hrs left. Any conferences need a new member? Or was I (technically) right with the C7 breakaway- we probably aren't the Big East anymore, are we? Congrats Coach Ollie!

Reaction Score
Good call. Have to see how this MARYLAND exit fee thing plays out.

For those that follow this closely isn't this like when BC agreed to the increased exit fee proposed in the big east, then didn't want to pau it when they bolted? What was the resolution to that ultimately?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Good call. Have to see how this MARYLAND exit fee thing plays out.

For those that follow this closely isn't this like when BC agreed to the increased exit fee proposed in the big east, then didn't want to pau it when they bolted? What was the resolution to that ultimately?
I'm guessing a deal will be made, and the full MD Fee Won't be paid. Many schools have an interest in how this plays out. You rarely see schools not reach some sort of divorce agreement. Then, the final pieces of movement will occur, which should trigger UConn in a Better place. A more deserving place.

Reaction Score
Do MHVer3 or Dude do stock picks? Seems like they could have big futures.

I have about 24 hrs left. Any conferences need a new member? Or was I (technically) right with the C7 breakaway- we probably aren't the Big East anymore, are we? Congrats Coach Ollie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom