Two More Wings Clipped, Saniya Survives Latest Cuts | The Boneyard

Two More Wings Clipped, Saniya Survives Latest Cuts

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I am saying there is a chance. According to the Wings beat writer, Tiffany Bias and Jordan Hooper have been waived meaning the final roster has 12 spots for 13 players.

Should no soon. Fingers crossed for her.

LINK

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I am saying there is a chance. According to the Wings beat writer, Tiffany Bias and Jordan Hooper have been waived meaning the final roster has 12 spots for 13 players.

Should no soon. Fingers crossed for her.

We'll all keep our fingers and toes crossed. How wonderful would it be for Saniya to make the cut? I can't think of better news that we could receive this week than that.
Thanks for the news bschwartz.

Reaction Score
The move signals that the Wings are fully embracing their youth movement. It gives Dallas the option to keep all five of its draft picks from April's draft, including second-round pick Breanna Lewis and third-round pick Saniya Chong. Dallas could also give training camp invite Kayla Thornton a fully guaranteed contract. Thornton started both preseason games for Dallas this spring.

==>looks like Dallas will keep all five of its draft picks from April's draft

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Saniya is in good shape as her main completion (Bias) was released...regardless, Dallas is not going far this season so might as well play some young players and provide them with playing time

Reaction Score
5/8 WNBA Transactions: Transactions - WNBA

May 8, 2017
Connecticut Pedersen, Kayla Waived
Dallas Bias, Tiffany Waived
Dallas Hooper, Jordan Waived
Indiana Graves, Bashaara Waived
Indiana Macaulay, Victoria Waived
Los Angeles Go, Ah-Ra Waived
New York Schimmel, Shoni Full Season Suspension
Phoenix McCray, Danielle Waived
Phoenix Plouffe, Katherine Waived

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
5/8 WNBA Transactions: Transactions - WNBA

May 8, 2017
Connecticut Pedersen, Kayla Waived
Dallas Bias, Tiffany Waived
Dallas Hooper, Jordan Waived
Indiana Graves, Bashaara Waived
Indiana Macaulay, Victoria Waived
Los Angeles Go, Ah-Ra Waived
New York Schimmel, Shoni Full Season Suspension
Phoenix McCray, Danielle Waived
Phoenix Plouffe, Katherine Waived

I may be mistaken but I think that brings Phoenix down to 12. If that is the case it would appear that Alexis Prince has made the team.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Sun still at 15... 3 still to go. So far no changes from my pre-camp guess. If that continues to hold Faris, January, Adams would be gone. BUT, Kelly is still veteran, hustling Kelly, Adams has shown the artillery, January is punching way above her weight, and Hightower looks just like she hasn't played in a couple years. Glad it's Coach Curt and not me that has to make these last cuts.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't know what impact injuries have had on her career, but I expected more from Kayla Peterson. I thought she had the size, versatility, smarts, and shooting ability to be a solid WNBA starter.

Reaction Score
A blust from the past...in the San Antonio Final 4 (before UConn played Stanford) a Stnaford fan claimed to me that K. Peterson will be a better player in the WNBA than Maya as her upside is higher....oh well...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A blust from the past...in the San Antonio Final 4 (before UConn played Stanford) a Stnaford fan claimed to me that K. Peterson will be a better player in the WNBA than Maya as her upside is higher....oh well...
And the Tenn fans thought that Angie Bjorklund would be as good as Maya. I thought Kayla would be a good pro, but I always knew that Maya would be a great pro.

Reaction Score
Saniya is in good shape as her main completion (Bias) was released...regardless, Dallas is not going far this season so might as well play some young players and provide them with playing time
Dallas has a chance to make the playoffs, a few teams like Indiana, Atlanta, and Phoenix have just as many questions marks.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Maya was the reason I got interested in WBB and started following it.

I love it when new fans join the ranks of those who appreciate women's basketball. I've been a girls/women's basketball since well before Maya was born and I am continually amazed how the players of today have advanced the game of women's basketball.

Reaction Score
Understandably! She was and still is a phenomenon.

I recall watching her as a freshman and frequently chuckling about how good she was and how easy she made things look.

The game against Depaul....A freshman running Quigley down, getting the steal. Calling time out instead of trying to play. She's has always been such a smart player.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I don't think Kayla Pedersen will remain unattached too long. I believe someone will pick her up.

Reaction Score
Understandably! She was and still is a phenomenon.

I recall watching her as a freshman and frequently chuckling about how good she was and how easy she made things look.

exactly. everything she did (obviously rounding up in hindsight, i'm sure she made one or two mistakes ;) ) seemed/looked easy. although if you recall geno told us all we were wrong with that hilarious reenactment...apparently she just lucks out into the right spot.

and she's even better now. she just looks so in her element on the bball court. like she can do it in her sleep.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
exactly. everything she did (obviously rounding up in hindsight, i'm sure she made one or two mistakes ;) ) seemed/looked easy. although if you recall geno told us all we were wrong with that hilarious reenactment...apparently she just lucks out into the right spot.

and she's even better now. she just looks so in her element on the bball court. like she can do it in her sleep.
Some people look like players even when they are standing still. Maya is one of them. She definitely looks like a player when not standing still.

moore-uconn-110810jpg-b3e901483ddea437.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom