Two Guys in Recliners | The Boneyard

Two Guys in Recliners

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Why do these teams pay defensive coordinators hundreds of thousands of dollars when two guys sitting in their basement in a recliner, watching the game on TV, drinking beers, can predict the 1st down play with 95% certainty - a run by a 180 pound running back up the middle for another UConn 2nd and 10.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It might work better; tough to get worse than 0 points!
I'd say you can't be serious but, quite frankly, based on your post history... I'm sure you are. :rolleyes:

C

Chief00

Looks like someone didn't actually watch the game.

Yeah by the final drive - I pulled the plug - and missed a 45 yard FG against Temple's second team; lets not take an excursion ride off the main route - the offensive game plan was horrible. The FG at the end was meaningless.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Why do these teams pay defensive coordinators hundreds of thousands of dollars when two guys sitting in their basement in a recliner, watching the game on TV, drinking beers, can predict the 1st down play with 95% certainty - a run by a 180 pound running back up the middle for another UConn 2nd and 10.

I find you posts about you partying with Andre (when he is in a different city) more credible than your football posts.

C

Chief00

I find you posts about you partying with Andre (when he is in a different city) more credible than your football posts.

Funny when you have no answers to the post on hand you resort to that - and that's a false narrative on your part too.

Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
Funny when you have no answers to the post on hand you resort to that - and that's a false narrative on your part too.

I wasn't party to the original incident but since the entire world busts your balls about it clearly you have done a bad job explaining it away.

C

Chief00

There are a lot of clueless posters - if I explain it another time - I will be accuse of bragging about certain relationships - which I never actually do.

All I can say is I said in August of 2011 Andre was coming to UConn that Fall semester (which no one else called) and that's what happened. So who do you believe?

Reaction Score
I wasn't party to the original incident but since the entire world busts your balls about it clearly you have done a bad job explaining it away.
C'mon, it's not as if he was lying on the recliner this time.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There are a lot of clueless posters - if I explain it another time - I will be accuse of bragging about certain relationships - which I never actually do.

All I can say is I said in August of 2011 Andre was coming to UConn that Fall semester (which no one else called) and that's what happened. So who do you believe?
Did you or did you not post on the basketball board that he would be attending a game at Gampel... While Andre was tweeting from a thousand miles away? You kind of conveniently forgot to mention that part.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

LOL. Explaining away saying he was hanging out with him when Andre was posting pictures from Michigan. 'Miscommunication'.

A lying sack of crap who is a faux insider on one piece of recruiting news from years ago.

As if he was a real insider bashing the coaching staff publicly would make sense.

C

Chief00

Whaler you are clueless - how did I know AD was coming to UConn in 2011? As for your use of "insider" - I never use that word - I don't know what it means - I don't know Andre from UConn.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I just wish we would've thrown the ball more...with an OL that couldn't block and a D-III level QB who couldn't hit a side of a barn standing right in front of it.

Reaction Score
Why do you only come over here when things suck?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler you are clueless - how did I know AD was coming to UConn in 2011? As for your use of "insider" - I never use that word - I don't know what it means - I don't know Andre from UConn.

I'm not clueless. You are a straight flat liar. That's nice you know Drummond. Congrats.

While you think that fact somehow adds weight to the nonsense you post - instead it makes you look like an idiot grasping at straws.

The stuff you have posted here today is straight moronic. Shut down the season - as if they didn't beat an undefeated top 15 team 8 days ago.

OMG they lost to a better team on the road who had more to play for when they were stuck bringing a toothpick to a gun battle. The HORROR!

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

You may know Drummond. You might be his best friend. I don't know.

I do know that you said you were at UConn with Andre partying with some "" (I think that was the word you used). A few minutes later Andre tweeted pics of him in Detroit at that moment.

Either you lied or Andre played a practical joke (good friend he is) and those pictures were old.

C

Chief00

I explained the miscommunication - some rather believe in conspiracies - plans changed - nothing more complicated.

C

Chief00

I'm not clueless. You are a straight flat liar. That's nice you know Drummond. Congrats.

While you think that fact somehow adds weight to the nonsense you post - instead it makes you look like an idiot grasping at straws.

The stuff you have posted here today is straight moronic. Shut down the season - as if they didn't beat an undefeated top 15 team 8 days ago.

OMG they lost to a better team on the road who had more to play for when they were stuck bringing a toothpick to a gun battle. The HORROR!
They only beat one good team all year. Last season they beat one good team and everyone felt they had a bad season. Have expectations diminished! I don't think Diaco deserves a bowl bonus off of what I have seen all season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They only beat one good team all year. Last season they beat one good team and everyone felt they had a bad season. Have expectations diminished! I don't think Diaco deserves a bowl bonus off of what I have seen all season.

You aren't even a good troll.

You should probably stick to the basketball board. It's so bad over there they actually have posters who appreciate your nonsense.

Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
I explained the miscommunication - some rather believe in conspiracies - plans changed - nothing more complicated.

If that's the case you are pretty foolish. You want to brag about hanging with a famous person on an Internet message board when it might not happen? And then think you will get a pass? That's not how the internet works.

Reaction Score
You could think that, but fans don't really have a say in that. They beat "one good team". They lost to a bunch of bad teams including SMU and Army last year. I've been critical of last night's offensive strategy. I feel like it's waving the white flag before the game begins, but you cannot overlook the progress from last year to this year. Night and day. They beat team last week that would be 12-0, right now if it wasn't for us.

We simply don't have the depth or offensive explosiveness to overcome the loss of Shirrefs. I would rather we go down swinging and if we throw two pick 6's so be it, but whatever. Last night was one game, and this team and staff earned their bowl bid and the extra practices that go toward building a program. We return a lot of players next year, Temple loses almost everyone except their QB. Lets see next year's progress of both programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom