Two Great Quotes from Stewie and Shatori... | The Boneyard

Two Great Quotes from Stewie and Shatori...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After the USA-Brazil PanAm game...

Stewie: "This is a really deep team. If we were a college team, it would be ridiculous. The fact that we have so many high-profile college players on this team, it just shows how dangerous we can be."
- The team might be "ridiculous and dangerous," Stewie, but without you and Moriah on it, this PanAm team could never beat the Geno-coached Huskies.

Shatori Walker-Kimbrough: (When Brazil came back and had Team USA down 2 points late)
"Moriah (Jefferson) came into the huddle and was like, ‘That is it. That was their run. Now we respond.’ We had to get stops and score, and we were able to put it together."
- Moriah showing the same extraordinary leadership that led to National Championship #10. That young lady is unbelievable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mo and Stewie just led, battled, and persevered in a tough game. Without them (either of them) it would have been ugly...a difficult game to watch.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think this will be some great experience for them. Getting to play in close games and pull out wins. Heaven knows they don't get many of them at UCONN. (thankfully)

Reaction Score
I was glad to be able to watch the USA team battle the Brazil team last evening. As was noted by many the two outstanding players from Uncon were outstanding. Like many ...my heart jumped up to my throat when Stewie went down early in the game. She amazed me how she shook that off and got right back in the mix. Jefferson again kept things under control with her heads up tempo and passing. I was glad to hear that today's game may allow those two a little rest and give some needed experience to others at this level. I see that Stephanie Mavunga played sparingly. Does anyone know if she has chosen her location for this upcoming season?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
They really should have just brought Stewie, Tuck, Moriah and Gabby and added in the incoming frosh :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was glad to be able to watch the USA team battle the Brazil team last evening. As was noted by many the two outstanding players from Uncon were outstanding. Like many ...my heart jumped up to my throat when Stewie went down early in the game. She amazed me how she shook that off and got right back in the mix. Jefferson again kept things under control with her heads up tempo and passing. I was glad to hear that today's game may allow those two a little rest and give some needed experience to others at this level. I see that Stephanie Mavunga played sparingly. Does anyone know if she has chosen her location for this upcoming season?

Well Iowafan... you might want to email your coach today and tell her to get Mavunga more playing time if you want Iowa to possibly be a location next season ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wonder if Shatori ever thought this: "Man, it's much better playing with Moriah and Stewie than playing against them"? :)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Don't forget Butler. Did she try out for this team?
That's a great question. Never occurred to me. Would've been a nice way to get on the court (for a meaningful game) before November.

If you find an answer, please post.

Reaction Score
That's a great question. Never occurred to me. Would've been a nice way to get on the court (for a meaningful game) before November.

If you find an answer, please post.

Come on, Gus. It's by invitation only, and as much as I like Natalie, there's absolutely no way she was invited to USA tryouts. Even Geno doesn't have that kind of juice.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Come on, Gus. It's by invitation only, and as much as I like Natalie, there's absolutely no way she was invited to USA tryouts. Even Geno doesn't have that kind of juice.
Oh, well pardon my stupidity.

Reaction Score
It is now Sunday afternoon, I know I am way behind on the Brazil game. Had a few friends over to watch the game and some interesting thoughts popped up from the group---Geno/CD teaches UConn players to adjust to any defense with a motion offense --Mo and Stewie looked relaxed and the other USA players stood around in a fog (it seemed.) Stewie seemed to be in constant motion. Also, The players from Notre Dame (Reimer), SC (Coates), and Maryland (Kimbrough) acknowledged in their actions and behaviors that Mo & Stewie were Superior! It was clear as day who were the best players. Our gang all thought that this experience would be brought back to the teams in the fall (all final 4 teams) and it would solidify the "UConn mystique." In addition, most of the other players looked pudgy and slow. Plum is coming back from injury as a reason, but Reimer and the rest looked out of shape and played tired. Mo and Stewie looked mean and lean and played over 30 minutes--in top speed! Geno's methods looked very effective.
Finally, I like to focus on the players reaction on time outs and anything around the bench. Reimer (especially) and others seemed disinterested and had an "oh well" attitude. They knew who was in charge and were not fired up or vocal. Bottom line was everyone in our group thought all these mental/emotional moments were going to be important factors in the big games this coming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom