Two Georgia Tech men’s basketball boosters provided impermissible benefits... | The Boneyard

Two Georgia Tech men’s basketball boosters provided impermissible benefits...

Reaction Score

The committee used the Division I membership-approved infractions penalty guidelines to prescribe the following measures:
  • Four years of probation.
  • A 2019-20 postseason ban for the men’s basketball team.
  • A fine of $5,000 plus 2% of the men’s basketball program budget.
  • A reduction of one men’s basketball scholarship during each year of probation.
  • Recruiting restrictions for the men’s basketball program that will apply for each year of probation, including:
    • An eight-week ban on unofficial visits.
    • A three-visit reduction from the permissible number of official visits.
    • An eight-week ban on recruiting communications.
    • A reduction of 19 recruiting-person days from the permissible number.
  • A three-year show-cause order for the former assistant coach. During that period, any NCAA member school employing him must restrict him from any athletically related duties unless it shows cause why the restrictions should not apply.
  • A vacation of records in which the men’s basketball student-athletes competed while ineligible. The university must provide a written report containing the contests impacted to the NCAA media coordination and statistics staff within 14 days of the public decision release.
  • A prohibition from scheduling official visits in conjunction with home men’s basketball competitions during the first two years of probation.
  • Disassociations of the following individuals (self-imposed by the university):
    • A three-year disassociation of the former assistant coach.
    • A three-year disassociation of the former Georgia Tech men’s basketball student-athlete and booster.
    • A disassociation of the head coach’s friend and booster.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hope kids can transfer. Would like to see post season ban applied to the following year to fit the crime. Hurts recruitment.

Friend of Pastner was one of boosters. Answers question asked in another thread how a bad coach gets good recruits.

Reaction Score
Probably time for them to scrub that line from “To Hell With Georgia” about the NCAA investigating how much UGA pays players and finding they out pay the NBA

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A vacation of records in which the men’s basketball student-athletes competed while ineligible. The university must provide a written report containing the contests impacted to the NCAA media coordination and statistics staff within 14 days of the public decision release.

Man, I wish they had stuck by this for Cuse. 4>0 just has a nice ring to it.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Pastner. Of course. He isn't even any good at it!!!

You have to hand it to Memphis, a program that has absolutely no intention of running a clean program, ever, at any point. Pastner is the latest in a long line of dirtbags associated with them, but yeah, its ridiculous to assume Penny Hardaway isn't on the up-and-up, its not like 95% of their previous coaches have been shown to run completely afoul of regulations, you're the cynic...

Reaction Score
Pastner. Of course. He isn't even any good at it!!!

You have to hand it to Memphis, a program that has absolutely no intention of running a clean program, ever, at any point. Pastner is the latest in a long line of dirtbags associated with them, but yeah, its ridiculous to assume Penny Hardaway isn't on the up-and-up, its not like 95% of their previous coaches have been shown to run completely afoul of regulations, you're the cynic...

...sir, this is a Wendy’s

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

1569521827186.png

Reaction Score
This sort of looks like the negative publicity is making the NCAA finally crack down a bit harder. We shall see. But if this is the penalty for what those guys did Kansas is going to get hit much harder than I expected. Multi year ban but they won’t get the death penalty

Reaction Score
Hope kids can transfer. Would like to see post season ban applied to the following year to fit the crime. Hurts recruitment.
Not sure I agree on the transfers Likely they were well aware of the nonsense going on. I honestly doubt it was a 1 time thing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not sure I agree on the transfers Likely they were well aware of the nonsense going on. I honestly doubt it was a 1 time thing.

Who cares if they were aware? As far as they're concerned, this is de rigueur at all programs. Or do you expect kids to snitch on their own teammates/coaches? That's ludicrous.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
lol $300 on strippers in atlanta. every kid at every program in the country is aware of bigger violations.

Reaction Score

The committee used the Division I membership-approved infractions penalty guidelines to prescribe the following measures:
  • Four years of probation.
  • A 2019-20 postseason ban for the men’s basketball team.
  • A fine of $5,000 plus 2% of the men’s basketball program budget.
  • A reduction of one men’s basketball scholarship during each year of probation.
  • Recruiting restrictions for the men’s basketball program that will apply for each year of probation, including:
    • An eight-week ban on unofficial visits.
    • A three-visit reduction from the permissible number of official visits.
    • An eight-week ban on recruiting communications.
    • A reduction of 19 recruiting-person days from the permissible number.
  • A three-year show-cause order for the former assistant coach. During that period, any NCAA member school employing him must restrict him from any athletically related duties unless it shows cause why the restrictions should not apply.
  • A vacation of records in which the men’s basketball student-athletes competed while ineligible. The university must provide a written report containing the contests impacted to the NCAA media coordination and statistics staff within 14 days of the public decision release.
  • A prohibition from scheduling official visits in conjunction with home men’s basketball competitions during the first two years of probation.
  • Disassociations of the following individuals (self-imposed by the university):
    • A three-year disassociation of the former assistant coach.
    • A three-year disassociation of the former Georgia Tech men’s basketball student-athlete and booster.
    • A disassociation of the head coach’s friend and booster.

This is beyond belief for the nature and relatively narrow list of violations. Prorating this against what Louisville did with strippers and paying the "ladies" to have sex with recruits and their fathers would mean L'Ville would get the death penalty. When is that happening, exactly?

Reaction Score
Penny out on the recruiting trail with his bag of tricks I see

Bad analogy for the huskies, perhaps a rephrase
Good point. How about when you wrestle with a pig you both get dirty and it’s fun for the pig.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good point. How about when you wrestle with a pig you both get dirty and it’s fun for the pig.
I'm not going to ask how you know that!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom