Two days later.... | The Boneyard

Two days later....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still miffed about losing an eminently winnable contest. So UConn stands at 2-2 going into a hornet's nest on Thursday against Houston. Let's face it: This team is markedly improved over the garbage dump that Diaco inherited from the previous regime. That's what makes this season so annoying. This team could just as easily been 0-4 or 4-0. Just once I would like to see the Huskies click on all cylinders for the entire game. I am expecting a 2-3 record on Friday morning but I want to see how the Huskies handle being an underdog. If this team shows grit & determination, I will be pleased. Should they pull out a victory I will be euphoric. If they roll over & give up the ghost, I will mull jumping onto the Fire Diaco bandwagon. It's all on you Bob: Motivate this team, correct the aggravating errors pregame. Time to make a stand & pitch your flag. A win or a close & hard fought loss is the goal. Getting blown out is completely unacceptable.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Coach I have a random 6 pack of Busch (the good stuff not the Light) if you want to use it as the basis of your next tailgate.

Had some people over yesterday so I've got a half eaten bag of UTZ knock-off Ruffles and an open box of the olive oil Triscuts. I think they will hold up well for 2 weeks.

A can of Hormel over uncooked Shop Rite spaghetti adds a Cincinnati touch... and it's off to the races.

Reaction Score
Coach I have a random 6 pack of Busch (the good stuff not the Light) if you want to use it as the basis of your next tailgate.

Had some people over yesterday so I've got a half eaten bag of UTZ knock-off Ruffles and an open box of the olive oil Triscuts. I think they will hold up well for 2 weeks.

A can of Hormel over uncooked Shop Rite spaghetti adds a Cincinnati touch... and it's off to the races.

That skyline chili is the absolute worst. Right up there with Chicago deep dish "pizza". Ugh.

Reaction Score
This team beat a lousy FCS team by 3 points and an awful FBS team by 3 too. This team is not good, not better than PP teams. Also, it's unwatchable football. The offense where the QB looks at a single receiver or 1/1oth of a second and then tucks and runs and gains 1-2 yards is just ugly.

Still miffed about losing an eminently winnable contest. So UConn stands at 2-2 going into a hornet's nest on Thursday against Houston. Let's face it: This team is markedly improved over the garbage dump that Diaco inherited from the previous regime. That's what makes this season so annoying. This team could just as easily been 0-4 or 4-0. Just once I would like to see the Huskies click on all cylinders for the entire game. I am expecting a 2-3 record on Friday morning but I want to see how the Huskies handle being an underdog. If this team shows grit & determination, I will be pleased. Should they pull out a victory I will be euphoric. If they roll over & give up the ghost, I will mull jumping onto the Fire Diaco bandwagon. It's all on you Bob: Motivate this team, correct the aggravating errors pregame. Time to make a stand & pitch your flag. A win or a close & hard fought loss is the goal. Getting blown out is completely unacceptable.

Reaction Score
This team beat a lousy FCS team by 3 points and an awful FBS team by 3 too. This team is not good, not better than PP teams. Also, it's unwatchable football. The offense where the QB looks at a single receiver or 1/1oth of a second and then tucks and runs and gains 1-2 yards is just ugly.

LOL. Your stuff is laugh out loud funny.

Reaction Score
Struggling to understand which part isn't accurate. Maybe Virginia is a good team?

Oh, maybe back to last year going 6-6 and losing to powerhouse Marshall in a prestigious bowl game in front of 30 people is progress.

LOL. Your stuff is laugh out loud funny.

Reaction Score
2 days later, after the tough loss, I feel a lot better. and life is back into perspective, with the unfortunate passing of Miami Marlins pitching phenom Jose Fernandez (at age 24), and then PGA great Arnold Palmer yesterday. Lessens the thought of Les Miles getting fired by LSU a lot...

Reaction Score
A win would be something.

But something tells me it will be a close game in the 4th quarter and something is going to happen that will make me want to pull my hair out and run around the house yelling and throwing things, and just easily could have me hooting happily in front of the TV.

So far, there isn't much to suggest otherwise, than that this squad under Booby's tutelage is prepared and capable to play to the level of the opponent whether it be Maine or top 25 ranked Houston.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
A win would be something.

But something tells me it will be a close game in the 4th quarter and something is going to happen that will make me want to pull my hair out and run around the house yelling and throwing things, and just easily could have me hooting happily in front of the TV.

So far, there isn't much to suggest otherwise, than that this squad under Booby's tutelage is prepared and capable to play to the level of the opponent whether it be Maine or top 25 ranked Houston.
I have a feeling every single game will be a single digit affair this season. Just how we're built. I hope Ward will be having nightmares of EJ, Walsh, and Carrezola

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

It's not a home game, but I am still cooking up a Houston-infused meal for dinner on Thursday. I can't find cougar steak, so Cajun Shrimp and Rice it is. Might go really crazy and add a Vietnamese twist but all those recipes seem to be a boil and I am the only one in my family who likes shellfish (one son's seafood palate doesn't extend beyond fishsticks, and other's second tooth just broke through his gums.), so I would be eating it for the next 6 weeks.

I'm still a little depressed about the way Summer played and that UConn didn't give him any help whatsonever. Anyway, on to Houston. Here's hoping that they are preoccupied with Herman-to-LSU rumors and UConn catches them off (left) guard.

Reaction Score
It's not a home game, but I am still cooking up a Houston-infused meal for dinner on Thursday. I can't find cougar steak, so Cajun Shrimp and Rice it is. Might go really crazy and add a Vietnamese twist but all those recipes seem to be a boil and I am the only one in my family who likes shellfish (one son's seafood palate doesn't extend beyond fishsticks, and other's second tooth just broke through his gums.), so I would be eating it for the next 6 weeks.

I'm still a little depressed about the way Summer played and that UConn didn't give him any help whatsonever. Anyway, on to Houston. Here's hoping that they are preoccupied with Herman-to-LSU rumors and UConn catches them off (left) guard.

So speaking of left guard, do we know if Rutherford is out for a while, if Vachery is back or if it's Schafenacker's spot?

Reaction Score
So speaking of left guard, do we know if Rutherford is out for a while, if Vachery is back or if it's Schafenacker's spot?

Well, Vechery is listed as the starter but apparently he was last week as well. So the depth chart is useless. But Diaco said all 3 (Hopkins, Vechery, & Rutherford) have been cleared but are day to day.

Whatever that means.

Reaction Score
Well, Vechery is listed as the starter but apparently he was last week as well. So the depth chart is useless. But Diaco said all 3 (Hopkins, Vechery, & Rutherford) have been cleared but are day to day.

Whatever that means.

Neill Ostrout (@NeillOstrout)
9/26/16, 12:20 PM
Diaco says he's not being coy when he says he doesn't know who will start at LG. Practice today key.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling every single game will be a single digit affair this season. Just how we're built. I hope Ward will be having nightmares of EJ, Walsh, and Carrezola

Ward plays and UConn keeps it to single digits that will be the best performance of the year by far and an indication that more stuff is going right than has occurred to date. Number 6 in the country, playing at their place, after last years win, on a short week and them having an easy game before UConn and UConn having a 60 minute battle with Syracuse - I'm not as optimistic as some here.

Reaction Score
Got to keep marching forward. I don't expect this to be pretty, but if Houston responds the same way my golf partners do to my horrendous game, then maybe we can pull them down into the gutter with us and get an ugly win. You never know.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Any anger or disappointment I took from The Rent on Saturday was quickly replaced at the Durham Fair and the maddening long lines to park, bus, hangout and leave.
Twas an all around zoo in Durham on Saturday.

Reaction Score
I don't see this being a close game (even before the last 4 weeks). Houston didn't have Ward in last year's game, they're at home, and they're sick of hearing about last year's loss. I just hope these Huskies compete. I do agree with some that this Husky team plays to the level of their competition. They don't blow out the teams they should and they seem to hang with teams they shouldn't. I hope they hang in this one, with a chance to win it with Puyol's leg. For that to happen, they have to make Ward uncomfortable. The secondary needs to play well above the level we've seen this far. The offense has to control tempo, move the chains, and get points each possession. This will be a tall task. If this one's within 14-points at the final whistle, I'll be happy. As long as we don't give them points through redundant coaching stupidity.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
...Well on the bright side, my Cajun Shrimp and Rice was really really tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom