Two biggest keys for next year | The Boneyard

Two biggest keys for next year

Reaction Score
well besides health

A. Can our bigs play starters roles. As much as people rank on amida--hes going to be missed badly. Wish we had Facey 1 more year--but our reality is we need guys to step up. I think its possible we could move Jackson to 4 (Larrier 3)and play C by committee

B The improvement of Jalen Adams 3 point shot. It could be a weapon that brings us to the next level.

Reaction Score
well besides health

A. Can our bigs play starters roles.

Our Bigs next year will be starters by default, right? Enoch has to be starting center because there is no one else. He's farther along than he was last year, I expect him to be solid overall but foul prone. I see Durham subbing in at both center and PF . I agree that Jackson might be the starting PF. He's a pretty decent rebounder and his inside O has developed. And at that position he'll be able to stretch the D with his 3pt shooting.

Reaction Score
If KO sticks to a 2014-style lineup -- 4 out, 1 in -- we'll probably be OK, though that 1 in will be a disaster for the most part. Don't worry too much about the distinction between PG/SG and W/F, those are virtually interchangeable. We could also go small, essentially 3 PGs.

PG: Adams (35), MAL (5)
SG: Gilbert (25), Vital (15)
W: Larrier (30), MAL (10)
F: Jackson (25), Durham (10), Polley (5)
C: Enoch (25), Durham (10), Carlton (5)

I don't see Diarra getting any kind of significant minutes. Am I missing anyone?

Reaction Score
well besides health

A. Can our bigs play starters roles. As much as people rank on amida--hes going to be missed badly. Wish we had Facey 1 more year--but our reality is we need guys to step up. I think its possible we could move Jackson to 4 (Larrier 3)and play C by committee

B The improvement of Jalen Adams 3 point shot. It could be a weapon that brings us to the next level.
I'm disappointed. No declaration that UConn is going undefeated and winning the national championship next season if those things happen? Wow, this season has even gotten you down. ;)

Reaction Score
If KO sticks to a 2014-style lineup -- 4 out, 1 in -- we'll probably be OK, though that 1 in will be a disaster for the most part. Don't worry too much about the distinction between PG/SG and W/F, those are virtually interchangeable. We could also go small, essentially 3 PGs.

I don't see Diarra getting any kind of significant minutes. Am I missing anyone?
Carlton's gonna play a lot more fellas

Reaction Score
I would also add that the team needs to gel much earlier in the season. I doubt the team as currently constructed would lose to northeastern or Wagner.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
There's no guarantee that Larrier will recover from his injury well enough to be a 3 (Wing player) he may have to play the 4 for a season.

Reaction Score

Diarra may get decent minutes by default and Carlton may be better than we think. Both will get minutes because we have nobody else.

Reaction Score
Fingers crossed his knees stay healthy, but with a season under his belt and some serious strength and conditioning over the summer I expect Durham to take a drastic leap in his offensive role, and fill Amida's shot blocking shoes...

Reaction Score
Fingers crossed his knees stay healthy, but with a season under his belt and some serious strength and conditioning over the summer I expect Durham to take a drastic leap in his offensive role, and fill Amida's shot blocking shoes...

I'm not sure about the shot blocking part, but a healthy Juwan Durham will certainly be a skilled and exciting offensive player.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The biggest key for next year is health.
I think the second biggest key will be chemistry

I agree BUT the chemistry aspect might be a bigger hurdle to cross due to the fact that VJ and CV got so much playing time this year and how they react to diminished time (not including rest/recoup time during game which will be welcomed I'm sure) and in VJs case maybe a chance he may not start.
BUT the exposure to unexpected playing time this year will pay huge dividends to both players comfort level and psyche

Reaction Score
We will have many players on next year's team coming back from and susceptible to injury. We need to have backup in place so we don't end up back to where we are now. Can't happen? It can and we enter next season weaker down low than this year, a year in which it was a known doughnut for our team. So yes we need another big man rebounder, maybe a transfer does the trick. Another player that could fill Larrier's role should he falter. I know you can't have triple of everyone but those 2 roles need insurance.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure about the shot blocking part, but a healthy Juwan Durham will certainly be a skilled and exciting offensive player.

I think he has it in him, averaged over 4 blocks in high school. Has the length and IQ. Give it time

Reaction Score
I agree BUT the chemistry aspect might be a bigger hurdle to cross due to the fact that VJ and CV got so much playing time this year and how they react to diminished time (not including rest/recoup time during game which will be welcomed I'm sure) and in VJs case maybe a chance he may not start.
BUT the exposure to unexpected playing time this year will pay huge dividends to both players comfort level and psyche
What makes you think VJ might not start?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Everyone is forgetting the most important piece on this thread. We need a capable coach to make these guys play and improve, one that can bring a 6'10" big mans coach in also. Wonder who it will be?:oops:
Let me guess Mau, sarcasm again!!!????

Reaction Score
Everyone is forgetting the most important piece on this thread. We need a capable coach to make these guys play and improve, one that can bring a 6'10" big mans coach in also. Wonder who it will be?:oops:

You forgot we need a new Strength and Conditioning coach. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
There really is only one key for next year
Adams must come back for his Junior year.
We won a NC with AO (how good was he w/o Kemba )and even freshman Brimsh st the 5
Everyone else instantly become better if JA returns.
Without him next year is a struggle again.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
There really is only one key for next year
Adams must come back for his Junior year.
We won a NC with AO (how good was he w/o Kemba )and even freshman Brimsh st the 5
Everyone else instantly become better if JA returns.
Without him next year is a struggle again.
I'd rip off a limb to have sophomore year AO on next year's team.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Agree. CV will have to swallow his pride. MAL and AG will cut his time for sure.. Maybe Jackson too but I think he has options at the 3 and 4

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom