Two Articles On Practice and Culture Hartford Courant Mike Anthony Dom Amore | The Boneyard

Two Articles On Practice and Culture Hartford Courant Mike Anthony Dom Amore

Reaction Score
Would someone post this, thank you.

Excellent reads, more good stuff.

How to be champions, creating a final four culture, positive notes on Isaiah Whaley and Josh Carlton, practice notes, and never never being outworked.

Hurley is the architect of UConn's rising program, there is no doubt, and it is so great to see the UConn pride back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“I can accept if we're playing a superior opponent and we get outplayed,” Hurley said. “I can accept even being outclassed by a team that is far superior. But never outworked. A team never wants it more. No team should ever play harder. If that happens, then I have not done my job as a coach, I don't have the right people, they haven't bought into what I'm coaching and teaching. Whether I recruited a player or not, it’s my responsibility now, with a vision that I'm able to get these guys to buy into that we have to show up and play a certain way. Or else I didn’t do my job as a leader. It's as simple as that.”

Gotta love that!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
What does it mean for a big player to 'play low' (said Cobb)?

pj

Reaction Score
What does it mean for a big player to 'play low' (said Cobb)?

Low center of gravity so you can push others around better than they can push you. Similar to the football concept of getting underneath others to lift them off the ground, if they can't press the ground they can't exert force on you.

Reaction Score
I realize none of our speculation means anything until we actually see the team perform against D1 opponents, but it feels like the whole culture of the program has been transformed back into one where excellence is the expectation. The difference between last season and this season will be significant, and that is just the first step. I think its possible to make the Tournament this year, and that alone would be a tremendous step in the right direction.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Low center of gravity so you can push others around better than they can push you. Similar to the football concept of getting underneath others to lift them off the ground, if they can't press the ground they can't exert force on you.

It's all about pad level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom