Twitter | The Boneyard

Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I follow most of the national guys-- anyone have any good credible ACC folks to follow. I am wearing out my Ipad at work right now just refreshing twitter for any new UConn to ACC info.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I was trying this too, lots of delusional ACC fans that think they can land a big football school. ND is the big football school. I assume the ACC will take it's time, we aren't going anywhere good for a while.

Reaction Score
TRest, your post worries me, because it makes a lot of sense

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
TRest, your post worries me, because it makes a lot of sense
I do think they add us, but let us twist in the wind for a while.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know. The war for NYC just had it's third battle.

1) Opening shot- Cuse to ACC - winner ACC in a minor engagement.
2) ACC takes ND as a partial member. ACC gets a big victory, but opens it self up for a counter strike.
3) The Empire Strikes Back
- a) B1G take MD and RU. MD weakens the ACC.
-b) The second part of the B1G's counterstrike has it acquiring RU getting an NYC foothold.

What's left? Connecticut. We are unlikely to be left on the table for too long.

Reaction Score

2) ACC takes ND as a partial member. ACC gets a big victory, but opens it self up for a counter strike.
-b) The second part of the B1G's counterstrike has it acquiring RU getting an NYC foothold.

I sure hope you're right. It would be such a punch to the gut if they went with anyone but us.

Reaction Score
I was trying this too, lots of delusional ACC fans that think they can land a big football school. ND is the big football school. I assume the ACC will take it's time, we aren't going anywhere good for a while.

The only reason that I don't think this will happen is that it's hard to schedule with an odd number.

Reaction Score
We'll eventually be in a conference with SU and BC. Either now or when FSU and Clemson leave the ACC.

Reaction Score
ESPN will push the ACC to take us quickly to lessen the value of the BE's next TV contract.

U

UConn9604

The only reason that I don't think this will happen is that it's hard to schedule with an odd number.

I agree with that in principle, although the Big Ten did float along for a couple of decades with 11.

That said, in order to have a championship game, it must feature leaders from two divisions -- and with 13, you've got one 6-team division and one 7-team division. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's a royal pain for scheduling purposes.

Reaction Score
Intend to agree in a sense, what geographic value does Louisvillve have to the ACC, sandwiched between SEC-B1G territory. UConn could at least help solidify NE and stretch into NYC market a little.

Reaction Score
That said, in order to have a championship game, it must feature leaders from two divisions -- and with 13, you've got one 6-team division and one 7-team division. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's a royal pain for scheduling purposes.

It's the only reason the SEC added Missouri. They figured out that they just couldn't do 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom