Twitter post regarding UConn & Big East | The Boneyard

Twitter post regarding UConn & Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This thread has the potential to turn into a complete show
2DsZ6Ix.gif

Reaction Score
I never heard of this Albano guy, but his Twitter Bio says that he is a former editor for CBS News, and former executive producer of Inside the Big East. I went through his Twitter feed and he told McNamara he heard that from "reliable sources". Once again who the heck knows? but I think this guy maybe has a little more credibility than those West Virginia people...if he is who says he is.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If this is true, then it's been nice knowing you guys. RIP UCONN athletics.

(Edit: just scrolled through his Twitter feed. Guy's a clear SJU homer. This is definitely a pipe dream for the NBE schools starting to miss the team that carried their conference.)

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
If that is a former CBS editor then they write like a 3rd grader.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
way too early to choose that path

maybe after all the re-alignment chips have fallen and we're left in an AAC that's even weaker than it is now. Maybe we reassess at that point

Reaction Score
University of Denver also plays in the BE for lacrosse, so nothing makes sense.

In this new age of conference realignment, does it ever? I heard the lacrosse thing last night. UConn transitioning to D1 men's lax in 2018, would likely need a conference and likely need approval of the presidents to join.

Basketball makes zero sense. The vestiges of the Big East basically split over football, and UConn giving up football after all the money spent on the program wouldn't make any sense. I don't think expansion makes sense at all for the Big East right now. The five East Coast schools would definitely want someone near the coast and there aren't any schools that fit the profile (private, religious, quality basketball team) of the rest of the league. Richmond is probably the closest, and, well...no thanks. In the Midwest, Dayton is probably the best fit, but heaven help us if Dayton would be the reason we expand (fine second option, but god no as a first option).

Unless you guys plan on cutting football (LOL) or transitioning from a public to private catholic school, I think this is just one overzealous St. John's fan pining for the halcyon days of the Big East. If it had any legs, there would be a LOT more people reporting it.

Reaction Score
Twitter convo continued and someone from Marquette said the request is for Men's LAX.
Crappy thing about that is that it kind of squashes the B1G rumors going around, no?

Reaction Score
Posted elsewhere, this likely has to do with the potential upgrade for UConn men's Lax to D1 for 2018. the AAC does not currently sponsor Lax and UConn women Lax already play in the New Big E.

Reaction Score
Why aren't we petitioning the B1G for lacrosse only and start forming some relationships?

Reaction Score
This opens UCONN up for a B1G move. Northeast Lacrosse opens up TV sets and opens up a market for the BTN. Maryland needs some eastern league mates.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Look, it's pretty obvious that UConn has been asking for, and receiving, feedback from 1 or more prospective conferences. Has anyone heard about the Title IX makeweight for adding M Lax? If it's gymnastics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom