Twin Peaks | The Boneyard

Twin Peaks

Reaction Score
Ok, never watched Twin Peaks when it was on network TV, but now going through it on Netflix. I've always liked David Lynch's weirdness and this show is straight-up weirdness. It's strangely hypnotic watching it. The characters are both seemingly realistic, yet also dream-like caricatures. Everything about the show seems double-sided. Very interesting stuff to see. Perhaps a little dated now, but it must have been a real sensation when it was first aired.

Quick edit: Sherilynn Fenn, totally doable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was quite a sensation when it 1st came out. I'll wait until you're done to comment.

BTW, just caught Fenn on CSI. She was totally matronly.

Reaction Score
It was quite a sensation when it 1st came out. I'll wait until you're done to comment.

BTW, just caught Fenn on CSI. She was totally matronly.

yeah, I Googled up her CSI images, lots of lbs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ok, never watched Twin Peaks when it was on network TV, but now going through it on Netflix. I've always liked David Lynch's weirdness and this show is straight-up weirdness. It's strangely hypnotic watching it. The characters are both seemingly realistic, yet also dream-like caricatures. Everything about the show seems double-sided. Very interesting stuff to see. Perhaps a little dated now, but it must have been a real sensation when it was first aired.

Quick edit: Sherilynn Fenn, totally doable.

At the time, Ms. Fenn was considerably better looking than "doable" and she wasn't alone in that cast. It was a really great show, although I thought the ending was something of a let down.

Reaction Score
It is back 27 years later and absolutely amazing. Oddest thing on TV, makes John from Cincinnati seem like CSI.

Actually, forget odd, the first 2 hours are insane, but by hour 4 you start getting some of the quirky nature the show had.

Reaction Score
I loved the original series. But 5 hours into the remake, I don't know how much longer I can give it. It just doesn't seem like it is going anywhere. The original had quirkiness around a plot, especially at the beginning.

I want this to work but I'm frustrated.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I loved the original series. But 5 hours into the remake, I don't know how much longer I can give it. It just doesn't seem like it is going anywhere. The original had quirkiness around a plot, especially at the beginning.

I want this to work but I'm frustrated.

At the end of the day, Twin Peaks 1 was just a shaggy-dog story. I was more psyched about the return of Lucha Underground.

Reaction Score
shaggy-dog story
had to look this up

1. 1.
    a long, rambling story or joke, typically one that is amusing only because it is absurdly inconsequential or pointless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom