Twerps were better | The Boneyard

Twerps were better

Reaction Score
I wonder how y'all that kept saying how weak and overrated the Big 10 was feel right now?

They beat us so it just sounds like a sore loosers name calling #twerps

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure Jarius Hamilton wouldn't be our 2nd leading scorer and Chol Marial our backup center. They just have more weapons and have been more battle tested. Ayala, Scott, Wiggins and Morsell were all 4 stars. Big Ten is waaayyyy better than the Big East.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They were not better, we played like shat. Can’t hit layups, can’t hit free throws. I want players with ice in their veins, not players that melt in the limelight. I need assassins, this team isn’t it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our defense and rebounding were our strengths. We got away from that somehow, even when missing all those shots. In hindsight play Sanogo with 2 fouls, rest Bouk some and shut them down.

Instead we just played their game.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
watch them get crushed by Alabama and half this board wonder why they didn't play so bad against us.

I won't, we played to lose

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I wonder how y'all that kept saying how weak and overrated the Big 10 was feel right now?

They beat us so it just sounds like a sore loosers name calling #twerps

A one beating a 16 proves nothing, as a 2 beating a 15 proves nothing. But a 2 losing to a 15 and a 4 losing to a 13 is pretty damn ugly

Reaction Score
They were so much better. Other than rebounding, they absolutely dominated us. They got any shot they wanted any time. They had about 6 open dunks/layups. Did we even have 1?

Reaction Score
They were not better, we played like shat. Can’t hit layups, can’t hit free throws. I want players with ice in their veins, not players that melt in the limelight. I need assassins, this team is it.
Talented and consistent players hit layups and make free throws. Maryland played better teams all year so their record is deceptive since they beat some top B10 teams. Other than USC, who did we beat that was top 50?

Reaction Score
They did what they had to do to win the game, which is all that matters in March. But they were not overly impressive either.

Just looking at the box score, this was an all-time bad shooting performance by UConn.

Reaction Score
They did what they had to do to win the game, which is all that matters in March. But they were not overly impressive either.

Just looking at the box score, this was an all-time bad shooting performance by UConn.
Maryland was the second best defensive team in Big 10. What did you expect? UCONN struggled creating and executing shots all year.

Reaction Score
They played better. How did they hold to to such awful foul shooting? How did they make Cole fall into the lane?

They gave us a gun and we shot ourselves in the foot.

Reaction Score
Maryland was the second best defensive team in Big 10. What did you expect? UCONN struggled creating and executing shots all year.
Sure, but they also gave up 22 offensive boards. I’m not giving them much credit for UConn going 5-12 from the line and approximately 2-174 on layups.

caw

Reaction Score
The game played out how I thought it might in the worst case. Cole had issues with the height and Bouk with the switchability of Maryland. Sadly the bigs could not take advantage downlow and finish and Maryland made their threes.

Not sure if I put this on Hurley for a bad game plan, or on the players for bad execution. With the size advantage UConn could have done better and probably should have if they did a better job of finishing. Too many missed opportunities.

Honestly, some made FTs at the end and this is a one possession game. This team shrank at the end of the game.

Reaction Score
Missed so many bunnies tonight or it was a completely different game...

Reaction Score
It is weird that Bouk, Martin and Cole all got cold at the same time the last 2 games. Martin of course was brutal both games.

Reaction Score
With our first half rebounding we probably should have been leading at half. MD cleaned up the boards a bit and we could just never make it a game. It’s too bad we couldn’t get them in foul trouble with all those extra first half shots. That would have changed the game.

Reaction Score
It is weird that Bouk, Martin and Cole all got cold at the same time the last 2 games. Martin of course was brutal both games.
It didn’t happen by accident. This happens when you play good teams that are well coached and your best players do not respond or are put in better positions to respond.

Reaction Score
Talented and consistent players hit layups and make free throws. Maryland played better teams all year so their record is deceptive since they beat some top B10 teams. Other than USC, who did we beat that was top 50?
This team shot 5-12 from the line. If we hit anything close to our season average this is a different game. Maryland is a bad matchup for UConn, the B1G is overrated. Virginia, Ohio State, Michigan State, Purdue all get bounced. Besides MS, these teams were bounced by little known programs, huge upsets.
The CoVID schedules didn’t allow for much out of conference play. So nobody knows how good/bad teams are. I don’t think Maryland is better than UConn man for man. I believe if we had some guys who could perform on the big stage the outcome would be different. Hitting free throws down the stretch would be start.

Reaction Score
They were so much better. Other than rebounding, they absolutely dominated us. They got any shot they wanted any time. They had about 6 open dunks/layups. Did we even have 1?

Our lack of outside shootings allows teams to clog the middle
Whaley,Jackson, even Gaffney can be played off of which prevents good driving lanes. The middle was a clogged all year. Tough to drive to the basket when 3 guys can close on you with not enough good shooters to kick the ball out to.

Reaction Score
This team shot 5-12 from the line. If we hit anything close to our season average this is a different game. Maryland is a bad matchup for UConn, the B1G is overrated. Virginia, Ohio State, Michigan State, Purdue all get bounced. Besides MS, these teams were bounced by little known programs, huge upsets.
The CoVID schedules didn’t allow for much out of conference play. So nobody knows how good/bad teams are. I don’t think Maryland is better than UConn man for man. I believe if we had some guys who could perform on the big stage the outcome would be different. Hitting free throws down the stretch would be start.
Maryland kept rotating on defense to cover our shooters. We did not rotate fast enough and they got better shots.

Yes, if we made 4 more foul shots for 9 out of 12, the game would have been closer.

Players shooting close to the basket, kept missing bunnies. But, this happened all year long.

The hope next year is for precocious freshman to take over. But, look at the good teams we lost to: Creighton, Villanova, Maryland. They had more upperclassmen and more talented upperclassmen.

While the hope is for Akok to recover and for Samson , Sool and Hawkins to star and start right away, time will tell. Duke lost with top rated freshman as did Kentucky. Maybe Jackson will develop a shot and Gaffney and Cole will improve.

Getting 2 more experienced and impact players from the transfer portal and from the grad transfers could make a significant difference.

Recruit on and get those players

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom