Twenty Six Turnovers | The Boneyard

Twenty Six Turnovers

Reaction Score
Only major downside to this game. Other than that pretty solid game

Reaction Score
And on at least six of those turnovers, our guy ended up sitting on the floor while St. Peter's ran down the court with the ball.

Reaction Score
Watching the Zags play and 3 TO's in the first 16 minutes, vs UNC no less (even without Cole that is impressive). It drives home the gap between UConn and the top tier that sometimes is easy to forget until you see another top team again. 26 is just baffling against a low major team. I can't fathom more than a dozen vs a team like that...Most of the TO's were unforced too.

Reaction Score
The 26 is unbelievable coming off the 22, when Hurley made it a point of emphasis. Just shows lack of skills which may not be correctable.
We were hardly turning it over at all earlier, it shows a lack of focus.

Reaction Score
Polley was a plus tonight also with his 4 three pointers. He has such a sweet stroke.
Unfortunately , the only other mark on his stat line was a single rebound but if he can keep making shots as the season moves into league play that will help the inside game tremendously.
Seeing a lot of improvement this year from him.

Reaction Score
Turnovers is coaching and player attitude about turnovers. Virginia had 10 today. Coach needs to get players to value the ball. Providence beat these guys by 21 early in the season and had 16 turnovers and just got killed by Florida. Are we getting better or worse?

Reaction Score
Turnovers is coaching and player attitude about turnovers. Virginia had 10 today. Coach needs to get players to value the ball. Providence beat these guys by 21 early in the season and had 16 turnovers and just got killed by Florida. Are we getting better or worse?
Providence also got completely waxed by Florida

Reaction Score
7 days between games isn't the reason, but it's def. not helping.

I don't buy the 'toughness with the ball' BS or it being an attitude thing. It's literally just not being an idiot and absorbing the fact that trying to force things and play like that at this level does no one any favors. The problem is - even if Dan benches them and yells a lot, throws some chairs and breaks Christian Vital's rib cage from the back and blood eagles him in front of the Gampel crowd - that it might not solve the problem either.

I'm all for Gaffney getting more minutes and he certainly proved tonight he's ready for more... but even when he got into extended minutes, he started barfing the ball, too. He's mostly smart w/ posession but he's also a freshman and he's the one guy on the team that you can see being actively overwhelmed by the speed of the game at times. I'm fine with him getting more minutes - but he's not there for extended stretches, either. And if the goal is to bench guys to prove a point, you need to have other guys who can serviceably step in and make an extended run so you can follow through with your punishment and i'm still not sure we're there yet.

i'm still way more in the 'glass is half full' crowd, here. Our defense is outstanding - like really, really, really good - especially our pressure and it keeps us in games. We've handled everyone well for the most part. And that in and of itself is a massive step forward. But I think that progress there makes the spinning the wheels in the mud feeling on offense more frustrating. If we were even a bad offensive team, we might actually be undefeated as funny or crazy as that might sound.

But I think we'll figure it out. It's growth. Uneven growth, but def. growth.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We were hardly turning it over at all earlier, it shows a lack of focus.

they clearly let up, went playground and stopped playing correctly. Calhoun had teams do the same all the time. People have short memories.

Reaction Score
I like the Welsh's comment : "UCONN is leading because they have more talent not because they are playing good."

Reaction Score
Dont know if anyone else caught it, but on the post game coming home from the game Crispino and Norman said it was the most since thr 6ot game. Norman then went on a rant about how there is a display at msg for that game but then stated only one of those teams went to the final 4 that year and the other was at home watching on tv. Go get em Wayne!

Reaction Score
Hopefully, the exam layoff, so many minutes for the younger guys and the combinations on the floor added to the problem. It also seemed a good percentage of the turnovers were unforced.

Before tonight, the most turnovers any team had against St. Peters was St. John's with 19, then Bryant and Wagner with 17 each, Providence with 16, FDU with 9 and St. Francis (Brooklyn) with 7...........that's right 7, which is probably what we had in the first 8 minutes.

Interesting stat: the two games St. Peters won were the ones in which the opponents had the fewest turnovers.

Reaction Score
Dont know if anyone else caught it, but on the post game coming home from the game Crispino and Norman said it was the most since thr 6ot game. Norman then went on a rant about how there is a display at msg for that game but then stated only one of those teams went to the final 4 that year and the other was at home watching on tv. Go get em Wayne!

I saw that display and it needs to be replaced with one that features the story of the team that won five games in five nights.

Reaction Score
Clearly a much needed development game as will be the next two. It was an amazing balance of minutes for all ten. It will pay off.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
And on at least six of those turnovers, our guy ended up sitting on the floor while St. Peter's ran down the court with the ball.
I thought about not posting this but changed my mind. So I will take the barrage of negative comments. The player sitting on the floor is AG most of the time. I am pretty sure he has had his pocket picked as soon as we get the tip off. First possession, last three game at least.

Reaction Score
Think back to the great guards we’ve had. Our guards can’t dribble. They can’t pass the ball. They can’t even hold onto it. Maybe if Hurley goes back to cone drills with players trying to steal the ball as they go, like they do in junior high school.

Reaction Score
UConn had as many rebounds as turnovers. I wonder, has that ever happened before?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom