TV Viewership of Big East Tournament | The Boneyard

TV Viewership of Big East Tournament

Reaction Score
Two questions:

1. Does anyone have any numbers regarding the viewership for this Big East Tournament ?

I am in Florida and it seems that everyone I speak to, including those without any nexus to a BE school is watching the Big East Tournament instead of the ACC.

2. When is the Big East television contracts up for renewal and renegotiation ?

thanks.

Reaction Score
Two questions:

1. Does anyone have any numbers regarding the viewership for this Big East Tournament ?

I am in Florida and it seems that everyone I speak to, including those without any nexus to a BE school is watching the Big East Tournament instead of the ACC.

2. When is the Big East television contracts up for renewal and renegotiation ?

thanks.
Saw a tweet (think someone posted it here in a different thread) that the numbers were very good yesterday relative to previous BET tournaments. Not sure about relative to other networks.

Reaction Score
Viewershio will be high as will attendance with the games plaued today and the remaining teams left. I think we may outperform the ACC tourney but the wildcard is Coach K's last tourney. Who wants to watch Cuse v FSU??

Reaction Score
fox has been gaining ground every year. so i only expect the numbers to get better.

attendance has been the same as 2016-2019 period so far (near sellout for 1st rd, expected sellout for the QF/SF/F)

Reaction Score
The BE should have paid us to join.

Honestly. I know most of the fanbase wasnt attending the BET while UConn was out. Most wanted the league to fail and disappear. There was a lot of resentment from both sides

With that said, as someone that has attended every BET since reconfiguration I can tell you only the first three years were a tough sell ticketwise (lots of empty seats) and low TV viewership.

Nova's championship in 2016 did wonders to legitimize the new league and its been selling out ever since. 2018 was the cherry on the top. If there is one team they gotta pay for the resurgence and legitimacy of this league is Villanova. I think that if it werent for Villanovas two championship UConn wouldve opted to stay in the AAC.

Not trying to downplay our return to the league either because no doubt UConn has a powerful, wealthy fanbase that travels and and watches on TV in bunches. With UConn back no one can ever deny that the Big East is an elite basketball confererence

Im here right now and the atmosphere is simply unreal. Cant wait for 9PM

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom