TV & Times | The Boneyard

TV & Times

Reaction Score
Have we ever had games regularly this late before?

Attachments

• 55FA7BC5-80D2-4EC9-AD17-E7CD19B1FD34.jpeg
    55FA7BC5-80D2-4EC9-AD17-E7CD19B1FD34.jpeg
    409.8 KB · Views: 458
Reaction Score
And we still don’t know where the home games will be played. Covid or not - they’ve had until March to figure this out.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The noon SJ game @ MSG on SB Sunday is such a letdown / copout.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
And we still don’t know where the home games will be played. Covid or not - they’ve had until March to figure this out.

Sigh - why are people so ridiculous about this? The league schedule is probably no more than 2 months old, if that.

Sure, they could probably announce the OOC placements, but why? They can leave that on the table, if something comes up with the league games.

Reaction Score
Pretty good deal all in all.

Positives:
  • Great Exposure on FOX / CBS
  • All away games easy to get to (Nova, SJU, SHU, Georgetown, PC) are on the weekend making it even easier to attend
  • 0 FS2 games so you don't need to try and find it on your TV guide
Negatives:
  • 3 games that tip during the weekday at home at 8:30 PM
  • No bye week after first week of January (something Hurley seemed bothered by)

and FWIW I personally like the MSG game v. SJU on Super Bowl Sunday.

Reaction Score
Pretty good deal all in all.

Positives:
  • Great Exposure on FOX / CBS
  • All away games easy to get to (Nova, SJU, SHU, Georgetown, PC) are on the weekend making it even easier to attend
  • 0 FS2 games so you don't need to try and find it on your TV guide
Negatives:
  • 3 games that tip during the weekday at home at 8:30 PM
  • No bye week after first week of January (something Hurley seemed bothered by)

and FWIW I personally like the MSG game v. SJU on Super Bowl Sunday.
8:30pm home weekday tip offs at the XL are okay. More time for dinner and beverages downtown.

Reaction Score
8:30pm home weekday tip offs at the XL are okay. More time for dinner and beverages downtown.
Right but Gampel that's tough and probably part of the struggle for UConn in terms of figuring out venues since I'm pretty sure they alternate every year by opponent.

I should also note there are some FS2 games but those are only the OOC cupcakes prior to conference play.

Reaction Score
Right but Gampel that's tough and probably part of the struggle for UConn in terms of figuring out venues since I'm pretty sure they alternate every year by opponent.

I should also note there are some FS2 games but those are only the OOC cupcakes prior to conference play.

Four games on FS2 for UConn. Many carriers do have FS2. I have YTTV. So, I have it!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Happy with the amount of national exposure they are giving UConn with 6 of the 22 National (broadcast) TV games featuring the huskies.

I’d prefer to have those 8:30 home tips be 7PM tips on FS2. I’m pretty sure anyone who gets FS1 also gets FS2, so not as big of an exposure issue (like it would be between broadcast FOX and FS1).

Im in the central time zone so those 8:30 tips will actually be 7:30 for me so NBD, but going to suck to see the arenas half full because students won’t be making that light night bus trip to Hartford / adults won’t be making that late night trip to Storrs that get them back home around midnight on a week night.

*It still beats 9PM home tips broadcast on ESPNnews vs Tulane or Tulsa.

Reaction Score
1632945925560.png

I cross compared XL center schedule with UConns for the home games. So far we have 5 games that were either confirmed when schedule was released, or I was able to confirm cuz wolfpack or UConn hockey were playing at similar times on the XL center site. The rest without a "confirmed" are stricly guesses but I think this list will be almost 90% accurate give or take 1 or 2 games.

Reaction Score
Sigh - why are people so ridiculous about this? The league schedule is probably no more than 2 months old, if that.

Sure, they could probably announce the OOC placements, but why? They can leave that on the table, if something comes up with the league games.
Because people fork over thousands for season tickets and they clearly know where games are going to be played.

Reaction Score
Happy with the amount of national exposure they are giving UConn with 6 of the 22 National (broadcast) TV games featuring the huskies.

I’d prefer to have those 8:30 home tips be 7PM tips on FS2. I’m pretty sure anyone who gets FS1 also gets FS2, so not as big of an exposure issue (like it would be between broadcast FOX and FS1).

Im in the central time zone so those 8:30 tips will actually be 7:30 for me so NBD, but going to suck to see the arenas half full because students won’t be making that light night bus trip to Hartford / adults won’t be making that late night trip to Storrs that get them back home around midnight on a week night.

*It still beats 9PM home tips broadcast on ESPNnews vs Tulane or Tulsa.
That's not going to change, the Big East always has the 6:30/8:30 double headers. I also don't get FS2 so have no issue with it

Reaction Score
If you're mad about 8:30 games at home just think you could be playing at 9pm at Tulsa on CBSSN. Enough with the whining. And who cares if we don't know if it's XL or Gampel yet? Do you have some pressing thing that you need to schedule out now? Or are you just an impatient child? Mommy give me the schedule nowwwwww

Reaction Score
The sneaky underrated aspect of the schedule is that we have more Saturday afternoon games this season than our entire tenure in the American. Sat afternoon games are easier to get to and better if you are watching on TV.

Reaction Score
View attachment 70006
I cross compared XL center schedule with UConns for the home games. So far we have 5 games that were either confirmed when schedule was released, or I was able to confirm cuz wolfpack or UConn hockey were playing at similar times on the XL center site. The rest without a "confirmed" are stricly guesses but I think this list will be almost 90% accurate give or take 1 or 2 games.
Great analysis!! Curious why you think they will play both the CCSU and Coppin St games at XL on 11/9 & 11/13 and why you think Providence on 12/18 will be at Gampel? I think one of those first two games may be switched with 12/18 since they have historically played at least one of them at Gampel. And I would think they will want to play at least one of the December games at XL - especially the one which is right after everyone has left campus for the holiday break.

Reaction Score
Great analysis!! Curious why you think they will play both the CCSU and Coppin St games at XL on 11/9 & 11/13 and why you think Providence on 12/18 will be at Gampel? I think one of those first two games may be switched with 12/18 since they have historically played at least one of them at Gampel. And I would think they will want to play at least one of the December games at XL - especially the one which is right after everyone has left campus for the holiday break.
For Providence, I think it makes sense for our big east home opener with fans to be played on campus. The wolfpack also play at XL 12/17 and 12/19 so would they want to change over the flooring that often? For CCSU, I think it makes financial sense to play that at XL since you will get the CCSU crowd also since thats right down the road. Coppin I had absolutely no basis other than thats what fit the schedule to split it out 8 games at each arena. Could they do 9 at Gampel and 7 at XL? Probably but doubt the state would want them to.

Reaction Score
For Providence, I think it makes sense for our big east home opener with fans to be played on campus. The wolfpack also play at XL 12/17 and 12/19 so would they want to change over the flooring that often? For CCSU, I think it makes financial sense to play that at XL since you will get the CCSU crowd also since thats right down the road. Coppin I had absolutely no basis other than thats what fit the schedule to split it out 8 games at each arena. Could they do 9 at Gampel and 7 at XL? Probably but doubt the state would want them to.
Makes sense if CCSU has a "crowd". Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom