TV: Tenn @ TX | Page 3 | The Boneyard

TV: Tenn @ TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Wow...did you save that link just for me? I'm flattered.

So, in a thread about a game that Tennessee lost to a team they beat by 40 the year before, I was negative about their chances in the upcoming games against ranked teams.

You might be certain that their success since the opening loss is all about Tennessee being better than I thought, but I'm not so sure it's not that the 4 ranked teams are worse than I thought.

I have already noted that Tennessee is better than I thought they would be. Let's see how it goes when Massingale is playing 37 minutes a game.

The 4-3 post by me was based on Tennessee losing a game they should NEVER lose and me not knowing how bad those ranked teams would be.

So, I guess I get to rub it in your face when they aren't as good as you think. Looking forward to it.

You keep saying how bad those teams are. Whens the last time a 20-something team was a really good team. They're ranked down there for a reason and a loss or a blow out can happen to them at any time. All it takes is an off night. For reference, look at the teams that finished the season last year ranked from 16 - 25. I'll pick on one of those teams. Nebraska finished at 22 and had losses to Michigan, Minnesota, and Northwester, just to name a few. Here's another one just for fun. St. Johns finished at 21 with 9 losses. They lost an early season game to Hofstra and another later in the season to Harvard. My point is that everyone keeps saying these 20-something teams are over rated, but the reality is that WCBB isn't exactly that competitive after you venture past the top 10 - 15 teams. After that, it can be a toss up on many nights.

I will agree that GT is looking overrated, but Miami and UNC will probably finish in the top 25.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
So, what is your prediction for tonight vs. Baylor?

We are realists. Baylor is the consensus pick. We are more interested in seeing how we stack up. Is it close? Will it be a blow out? will they fight 'til the end and not give up? will they look like deer in the headlights? or will they shock the world? They're a fun team to watch with alot of upside.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
We are realists. Baylor is the consensus pick. We are more interested in seeing how we stack up. Is it close? Will it be a blow out? will they fight 'til the end and not give up? will they look like deer in the headlights? or will they shock the world? They're a fun team to watch with alot of upside.
Sounds like you are predicting a Baylor win which of course is no surprise.. But I am more interested in hearing some answers to the questions you posed. So again, what is your prediction?

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Sounds like you are predicting a Baylor win which of course is no surprise.. But I am more interested in hearing some answers to the questions you posed. So again, what is your prediction?

No predictions from me. This is one of those wait and see games. This team is too new and the season is too young to make preditions. Also, Baylor has not looked so great in previous games, but I expect Sims to be more like her old self now that she is further removed from the injury. If she goes on a tear, it will get ugly. The last time I saw her was ND and they were quite lucky that she was not yet back in form. She can be a real killer on both defense and offense. Griner goes as Sims goes, because their other guards have no real idea on how to best get the ball to Griner where she can excel.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
No predictions from me. This is one of those wait and see games. This team is too new and the season is too young to make preditions. Also, Baylor has not looked so great in previous games, but I expect Sims to be more like her old self now that she is further removed from the injury. If she goes on a tear, it will get ugly. The last time I saw her was ND and they were quite lucky that she was not yet back in form. She can be a real killer on both defense and offense. Griner goes as Sims goes, because their other guards have no real idea on how to best get the ball to Griner where she can excel.
Huh? I thought you said you knew who the LV's were.. Not so much, I guess. We know about Baylor, so your comments re. Sims and Griner don't help much. I was more interested to hear what you think we will see from the young LV's like Massengale, Burdick and Graves that you seem to expect so much from.

Elite 8 is what you said, right?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Huh? I thought you said you knew who the LV's were.. Not so much, I guess. We know about Baylor, so your comments re. Sims and Griner don't help much. I was more interested to hear what you think we will see from the young LV's like Massengale, Burdick and Graves that you seem to expect so much from.

Elite 8 is what you said, right?

Maybe better is what was added.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Although, . Since I know who TN is and have always stated they would be a top 10 team, my prediction was 7-1 best case or 6- 2 worst case. Let's see who ends up being right.

Well, since I had them at 4-3, I would propose that I would have said 5-3 for the 8 game stretch.

You had them at 7-1 or 6-2.

Do I get to pick two records too? I'll go with 5-3 or 6-2.

It could come down to the RU game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32