TV rights/ ways to watch games / on demand for 23/24 season | The Boneyard

TV rights/ ways to watch games / on demand for 23/24 season

Reaction Score
Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this but wasnt sure....

As a fan from Europe we previously had espnplayer.com to allow us to watch uconn games (on demand or live) however this service is shutting down in August which is a real pain for us. Is there another way to watch the huskies this coming season ideally VOD/on demand as most games begin during the night for GMT (UK time), I have IPTV so live games I will be able to get a stream no problem but due to the time these games are broadcast I can only do this on a Friday or saturday... any help / guidance would be apprcated.

Reaction Score
Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this but wasnt sure....

As a fan from Europe we previously had espnplayer.com to allow us to watch uconn games (on demand or live) however this service is shutting down in August which is a real pain for us. Is there another way to watch the huskies this coming season ideally VOD/on demand as most games begin during the night for GMT (UK time), I have IPTV so live games I will be able to get a stream no problem but due to the time these games are broadcast I can only do this on a Friday or saturday... any help / guidance would be apprcated.
@tcf15

Reaction Score
I also live in Europe but espnplayer shutting down shouldn't affect UConn bball fans too much. With the exception of OOC games on ESPN and March Madness games (which is a real bummer) all of the BE games can be streamed live and on demand on the foxsports site. You do, however, need a tv subscription.

Reaction Score
I also live in Europe but espnplayer shutting down shouldn't affect UConn bball fans too much. With the exception of OOC games on ESPN and March Madness games (which is a real bummer) all of the BE games can be streamed live and on demand on the foxsports site. You do, however, need a tv subscription.
yeah march madness will be the biggest issue, do you need a vpn for the foxsports site?

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I want to know if any games will be broadcast in 4k, might be early for this?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I want to know if any games will be broadcast in 4k, might be early for this?
Too early, but FOX/FS1 usually will get us in "4K" once or twice a year, plus the whole BET.

""'s are because it's upconverted 1080p with HDR, not native 4K.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Too early, but FOX/FS1 usually will get us in "4K" once or twice a year, plus the whole BET.

""'s are because it's upconverted 1080p with HDR, not native 4K.
Last year I believe it was 1 game and no tourneys? The quality of the 1080 broadcasts are terrible, I've tried every option (YT, Fubo, etc) and have a VERY good TV and I can still barely make out faces. I was shocked that the NCAAs were not in 4k, I mean it's 2023 surely we can get some 4k content by now?

Reaction Score
Last year I believe it was 1 game and no tourneys? The quality of the 1080 broadcasts are terrible, I've tried every option (YT, Fubo, etc) and have a VERY good TV and I can still barely make out faces. I was shocked that the NCAAs were not in 4k, I mean it's 2023 surely we can get some 4k content by now?
4k through FIOS cable looks worse than regular "big event using the best cameras" HD for me. My TV is well-reviewed but not a powerhouse by any means, though I do have all the right HDMI cables, etc., and I've tried tweaking all the possible picture/HDR settings. It's such a disappointment.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
4k through FIOS cable looks worse than regular "big event using the best cameras" HD for me. My TV is well-reviewed but not a powerhouse by any means, though I do have all the right HDMI cables, etc., and I've tried tweaking all the possible picture/HDR settings. It's such a disappointment.
It should be noticeably better. Something is wrong. Feel free to pm me if you want a hand.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Believe you’re correct - it was pretty lame for us this year.

4K ncaas are an annoyance for me - for a year or 2, there were some games available in 4K, based on 1 or 2 sites. Then, they went away, seemingly never to return. Ugh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom