TV Comparison BE vs AAC | The Boneyard

TV Comparison BE vs AAC

Reaction Score
Who covers what? Where are ratings and exposure better and are they both doing the ESPN + thing where you have to stream? This is actually a key factor because kids like their tv exposure. I’m not as worried about monetary compensation at first.

Reaction Score
Big East - Pays $4m, games on Fox, FS1, should allow us to maintain/potentially increase relationship with SNY.
AAC - Pays $7m, no SNY, many games going to ESPN+

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Big East - Pays $4m, games on Fox, FS1, should allow us to maintain/potentially increase relationship with SNY.
Safe to say losing our SNY games was a big factor in us making the move...

Also think we end up making substantially more money as the Big East TV contract will be reworked, ticket sales will increase for sure, reduced travel costs, back on SNY, better regional exposure, big increase in donations, more buzz.

pj

Reaction Score

Financially this is a huge improvement. Travel costs down, SNY revenue returns, the Big East money is without football, not unreasonable to think football + WBB will bring in at least $6 million through SNY/Fox on top of the BE contract.

Reaction Score
Human nature tells me that once people pay for cable they would like their sports included without additional streaming fees. This is different from adding in Netflix on top of cable and I hate this ESpN + thing. Lots of people will never do that, they will get cable.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Fox is renegotiate the contract in the near future which won't hurt. I am not happy as CFA controls the money not basketball that's the issue

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Human nature tells me that once people pay for cable they would like their sports included without additional streaming fees. This is different from adding in Netflix on top of cable and I hate this ESpN + thing. Lots of people will never do that, they will get cable.
Remember the admin sent out a survey a couple months ago to the base asking about the TV contract and ESPN+ if I remember correctly the results were terrible no one wanted to pay for ESPN plus, SNY was popular.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom