Turnovers | The Boneyard

Turnovers

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
54 turnovers in our three big games - Cuse, Iowa, and Arizona. We are not going to win these big games averaging ~15 turnovers a game especially if we aren’t making threes and foul shots. The mental mistakes need to be address as do the bad habits others have mentioned.

Reaction Score
The errant passes are frustrating, but what really has been a killer has been the sheer number of balls that have gone off of our hands on the baseline. Between the Arziona and the Iowa game, I lost count. I think a lot of it is nerves.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Turnovers are our biggest issue right now. We've played stagnant basketball for years and now that we're playing fast again (as we should), it'll take some time to kick off the rust. It'll come. This is a tourney team.

Reaction Score
With 6 and a half minutes to play in the first half we were up 27-26 with the ball. We then committed 4 straight unforced turnovers in only a minute of game time (one minute!), starting with Jalen passing the ball directly to Arizona (then Yakwe, Vital, Cobb). In that minute Arizona went on a 6-0 run to take a 32-27 lead and get a working margin. We never took the lead again.

There were a number of reasons for the loss, but none bigger than that one ridiculously sloppy minute.

Reaction Score
With 6 and a half minutes to play in the first half we were up 27-26 with the ball. We then committed 4 straight unforced turnovers in only a minute of game time (one minute!), starting with Jalen passing the ball directly to Arizona (then Yakwe, Vital, Cobb). In that minute Arizona went on a 6-0 run to take a 32-27 lead and get a working margin. We never took the lead again.

There were a number of reasons for the loss, but none bigger than that one ridiculously sloppy minute.
Absolutely brutal stretch of basketball.

SO many of the turnovers in this game were charges. Very frustrating.

Reaction Score

This was the most frustrating moment of the game

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Playing fast is a double edge sword. Results in high fg%, also results in high to%. We are not good enough at shooting or running sets to play a slower pace. Need to get better at playing “quick” instead of fast.

Reaction Score
Playing fast is a double edge sword. Results in high fg%, also results in high to%. We are not good enough at shooting or running sets to play a slower pace. Need to get better at playing “quick” instead of fast.

"quick" vs "fast" is a good way to put it. I'm sure coach has something similar to differentiate out of control play, and playing making decisions faster than they're used to. We don't have a group that is good at that, and haven't recruited guys that fit that system. We'll get there.

I do love what Kimani and Hurley are doing with the offense. The handoffs into ball screens can be really effective when we get a legitimate roll man, or 4-man shooting threat.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Does someone have stat on what % of these turnovers are offensive fouls... I feel as though we have 6 a game at least.

Reaction Score
This was the most frustrating moment of the game

More so than Smith's foul on the deeeeeeep three as the clock was expiring?
Then there's...................oh so many other correctable mistakes, and the missed free throws that we made to win it all in 2014.

Reaction Score
Just did a quick check of the "official" stats posted on the UConn Men's Basketball webpage...only total fouls are noted; no breakdown of offensive fouls...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Vital had at least 2.

I thought vital had 3 and Jalen 2.

Plus there was at least one illegal screen.

Those are double dipping penalties as it’s a turnover and a completely useless foul.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom