Turnovers have killed us all season long. Line up around 3min was terrible | The Boneyard

Turnovers have killed us all season long. Line up around 3min was terrible

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And we haven’t taken control of the ball. Terrible sloppy passes. Also doesn’t help that our lineup around 3 minute mark offered no scoring options.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They went zone and AG turned into hero ball once again
Our lineup doesn’t allow him to differ. We have no closers and no one who can get their own shot. Hurley played an awful lineup at the end

Reaction Score
Gilbert had a few moments today that reminds of some revered, UConn guard-play from championships gone by. Yes they didn’t hit their 3s today, and yes they didn’t get in the face enough of the Nova outside shooters, but that 25 foot, Harlem GlobeTrotter no-look pass was the straw that broke the camel’s back today.

Reaction Score
They went zone and AG turned into hero ball once again
No one else wants the ball. He would gladly give it up but literally no one else wants it, unless it’s CV begging for a deep 3. Bouk didn’t show up and is a bad defender, Adams should be in over him down the stretch. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times Akok looks at the rim with the ball in his hands, and when he does it’s a 3 or a long 2, someone needs to tell him to stick to putbacks and running the floor.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They had a game plan that we didn’t adapt to. They would back down our guards and either shoot over them or kick it out.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We played very very well. Our turnovers were our downfall. It doesn’t help that that hit 10(?) 3s to our 2(?). Turnovers again were our downfall

Reaction Score
We played very very well. Our turnovers were our downfall. It doesn’t help that that hit 10(?) 3s to our 2(?). Turnovers again were our downfall
Turnovers and no go to offense in the crunch. If we can't feed Carlton for easy hoop then it's just hero ball and that usually loses.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Hurley gotta answer for this loss today. He put in a semi new offense today with cross screening action and basically called zero plays the last 10 mins of the game.

Reaction Score
Don’t know Why everyone piles on Gilbert so much - he literally has nothing around him bouk was terrible, vital was ok , Adams was awful Syd was OK Carltom was OK besides that Tuff no look to akok(which he cudda caught) I though Ag played really well. Stop with the Ag bashing. Plus he plays really good D. Gaffney garbage.

Reaction Score
UConn foul shots: 3
Nova foul shots: 16
UConn Turnovers: 17
Nova Turnovers: 10
UConn from 3: 2/15
Nova from 3: 11/23

How the heck are you supposed to beat a top 15 team on the road with those kind of stats? It’s a miracle we were even in this game at all.

Reaction Score
Our lineup doesn’t allow him to differ. We have no closers and no one who can get their own shot. Hurley played an awful lineup at the end
No one else wants the ball. He would gladly give it up but literally no one else wants it, unless it’s CV begging for a deep 3. Bouk didn’t show up and is a bad defender, Adams should be in over him down the stretch. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times Akok looks at the rim with the ball in his hands, and when he does it’s a 3 or a long 2, someone needs to tell him to stick to putbacks and running the floor.

don’t disagree at all. Both are true. Just infuriating that because he’s the only one...he’s continually allowed to make these decisions

Reaction Score
Don’t know Why everyone piles on Gilbert so much - he literally has nothing around him bouk was terrible, vital was ok , Adams was awful Syd was OK Carltom was OK besides that Tuff no look to akok(which he cudda caught) I though Ag played really well. Stop with the Ag bashing. Plus he plays really good D. Gaffney garbage.
Gilbert did very good today. Its just there's this theory about how good PGs make everyone around them better even if those players are not that good. That's what I'm looking for from a veteran AG.

Just saying, he's got a little something to work with, more that Boat had.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How many times did Gillespie use his off arm on Gilbert when driving.....too many times for me to count
Also rode Gilbert’s back on his drives all day. Lack of foul calls compared to the WSU game was staggering. Big East style.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We can’t have vital Adams akok and Carlton in the floor at the same time. There is no offense there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom