Turnover per minute of playing time | The Boneyard

Turnover per minute of playing time

Reaction Score
In addition to leading the team in 3pt%, ft% and playing good defense Azzi leads the team in the least turnovers per minute of playing time with slightly less than Paige and about half the turnovers per minute of Nika, CD and Evina. Just one more reason Geno never misses an opportunity to stress that Azzi is a complete bb player.

Reaction Score
A player who handles to ball more will be more likely to have turnovers but also more assists, which is why they generally use Assist to Turnover Ratio.

1646027126045.png

Stats after 26 games.

Reaction Score
Fudd ranks 43rd in the NCAA in “turnover rate” among players with 400+ minutes. Turnover rate attempts to measure a player’s turnovers relative to their usage, i.e. how involved they are in the offense. It is not a perfect measure by any means, but it is much better than just looking at the absolute number of turnovers per minute.

Reaction Score
Fudd ranks 43rd in the NCAA in “turnover rate” among players with 400+ minutes. Turnover rate attempts to measure a player’s turnovers relative to their usage, i.e. how involved they are in the offense. It is not a perfect measure by any means, but it is much better than just looking at the absolute number of turnovers per minute.
Good stats. Link?

Reaction Score
any idea how that "usage" thing is objectivized?

Reaction Score
13 turnovers in 400 minutes. or like 10 games worth! you can see that kind of ball protection with Azzi from just watching her for a few minutes. She rarely forces anything and is so solid with both hands. Daresay, I can think of no UConn player who's been so solid with the ball, especially as a first-year.

Reaction Score
13 turnovers in 400 minutes. or like 10 games worth! you can see that kind of ball protection with Azzi from just watching her for a few minutes. She rarely forces anything and is so solid with both hands. Daresay, I can think of no UConn player who's been so solid with the ball, especially as a first-year.
Let me introduce you to Mel Thomas who had only 29 turnovers in 1146 minutes played in 2006-07.

1646077671025.png

Reaction Score
In addition to leading the team in 3pt%, ft% and playing good defense Azzi leads the team in the least turnovers per minute of playing time with slightly less than Paige and about half the turnovers per minute of Nika, CD and Evina. Just one more reason Geno never misses an opportunity to stress that Azzi is a complete bb player.
And we must not forget that AZZI missed most of her junior year in HS ( injury ) and all of her senior year ( Covid cancelled it ). So, it has been long time since she played competitive basketball. I wonder if DeBerry had her senior season cancelled as well?

Reaction Score
Let me introduce you to Mel Thomas who had only 29 turnovers in 1146 minutes played in 2006-07.

View attachment 73869
thanks. Mel was certainly a solid player, but comparing frosh seasons, Azzi much the better re MP/TO. Still, Mel was very dependable for 4 seasons. Don't remember what happened to her in her senior season.

Reaction Score

I can think of one, Paige Bueckers. Considering that she has the ball in her hands far more and is called upon to facilitate the offense far more, her turnover stats are much more impressive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom