Turn on AMC | The Boneyard

Turn on AMC

Reaction Score
Anybody see the first episode? DVR'd it and haven't watched yet but looked good in clips. How was it?

Reaction Score
From the title, I thought this was a command, like a really good movie or show was about to start.

Then, I remembered the new series, Turn. Unfortunately, I didn't see it, so I can't offer an opinion on the show.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have it on DVR as well, but a little thing like a national championship game (or two) has delayed my viewing. Looks promising.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
OK, I watched the piolt. I liked it, looks like a good show, with quality acting and a lot of outdoor filming. My wife (masters in history) is reading the book on which this is based, and it seems they took some liberties in the show.

Reaction Score
Thanks.

I need to catch up on my shows and check out this new one. UConn's run in March put my tv show viewing on hold....

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Pilot was okay. I'll see how I like the next couple of episodes, but I wouldn't put my expectations too high even though it's an AMC show. Then again, I'm one of the very few people who watched all of Rubicon's first season only to have AMC decide against renewing it.

Reaction Score
I caught about half of the Pilot, sucked me in, I'm curious.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I have no idea what exactly happened in episode 2. #confused

Reaction Score
I have no idea what exactly happened in episode 2. #confused
Having seen less than half of what I now* assume was episode 2 (*based on your post).
SCENE: Either during or before the revolutionary war
1. Lots of people were killed in CT including a commander, but no one from the 'other side'
2. It was linked to a spy in NY or LI our primary locale
3. The commander killed was having an affair, turned out with a man b/c he got a when they played the drums
4. A British Internal Affairs type guy saves our protagonist and rather than kill the buggering murderer, the British Internal Affairs type guy is keeping him around for future espionage use
5. TV stops to start recording MadMen

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Why did your TV stop? Mad Men and Turn are on the same channel.

I watched the Pilot last night. I hope to watch Episode two and Mad Men Ep. 1 tonight.

Reaction Score
Why did your TV stop? Mad Men and Turn are on the same channel.

I watched the Pilot last night. I hope to watch Episode two and Mad Men Ep. 1 tonight.
My DVR has no room/memory because of all the DO NOT DELETE Husky games!!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be great if that USB port in the front of the box was actually good for something and you could save the run to the Final 4?

My DVR has no room/memory because of all the DO NOT DELETE Husky games!!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
Wouldn't it be great if that USB port in the front of the box was actually good for something and you could save the run to the Final 4?

Actually there are many boxes where that is EXACTLY what it's for. I dumped stuff to USB drive on my xfinity box dozens of times. Call your provider.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I asked but it was a while ago. They said it was put there by Atlanta Scientific for maybe at some point in the future it might be used for something. At the same time, that was a couple years ago.

Reaction Score
Watched the PILOT, liked it. A little worried that it might get too narrow with father-son-2 British villains but they've certainly got a broad enough topic if they consistently bring in a larger cast.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I wonder if Nathan Hale will make an appearance.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Nathan Hale will make an appearance.
That question was answered. I just caught up watching episodes in a marthon session Thursday night on demand. George Washington stated to Ben that he got his name from Captain Nathan Hale who was hanged by the British & he wanted Ben to start a spy ring with "Mr. Culpepper" as its epicenter.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
"I regret that I will have no appearances as a character on a television show 235 years in the future"

Reaction Score
So the season finale is next Sunday. Tonight's episode ends with Captain Talmadge deciding to attack the British in his home town to try to save his father & other rebel sympathizers from the hangman's noose. Meanwhile, "Agent Culpepper's" toddler son opens the floor boards in the master bedroom & exposes the spy network's cypher notebook to his wife. The intrigue is that: a. She's a British sympathizer, b. she's infatuated with the British officer in residence, c. she suspects & is jealous of her husband's liaison with his former fiancée.
This show has turned into a soap opera. I'm just surprised that we don't see any TIDE commercials.

Reaction Score
Just started watching this on Netflix. I'm 5 episodes in. Decent show. I'm not a hardcore historian so can't speak to the creative license being taken, but am guessing there's quite a bit for entertainment purposes. I do see it going down a more soap opera'ish path though (with time spent on forbidden love, ex-fiance's, etc...instead of it being all about the war and spy network). I'm committed tho and do plan on watching the entire first season to see how I like it. Good so far, not great, but worthwhile watch.

Reaction Score
The 2nd season, which just finished airing a couple of weeks ago, was MUCH better. Gives good insight into Washington's ability to discern which of his officers that he can truly trust & depend on. Future spoiler alert: I googled John Andre to get more background on him as he's such central character of this program. It will make for good television, if this program continues next season to see the resolution of his tap dance with Benedict Arnold & his ultimate fate.

Reaction Score
Just finished the first season. Liked it. Going to start season 2 later this week.

For English Football enthusiast, there's been reference to Hotspurs (describing a younger colonial rebel as "that hotspur"... an impetuous or fiery person; a hothead), Arsenal (a weapons storage location), and Queens Rangers (led by Lt Colonel Robert Rogers...Rogers Rangers - a group of trained loyalist and British soldiers).

Husky25

Reaction Score
Anyone still watching this?

I finished up season 2 on Netflix and I'm about to catch up with the series on DVR. I don't think it's completely awful, but it is not The Sopranos, The Wire, or Mad Men either. Also, I'm not really interested in how true to actual history. I am well aware that, like most of what comes out of Hollywood, Turn is "Based on Actual Events," which has a very broad definition.

That said, it is still an entertaining 48-60 minutes, depending on how quickly one can circumvent commercials.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom