OT: Turgeon Fired | The Boneyard

OT: Turgeon Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very strange it happened right now this early in the season.

For hope of Turgeon, the students and all coaches, etc, hoping it's nothing serious.

After a good two-year stint at Tulsa, Manning was just 78-111 at Wake.

I did see a separate tweet saying Turgeon was fed up with the fans as well and was just over it.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I did see a separate tweet saying Turgeon was fed up with the fans as well and was just over it.
I haven't followed what's been happening there. Why was he fed up with the fans?

Reaction Score
I haven't followed what's been happening there. Why was he fed up with the fans?

This is what I saw about that. All Maryland fans are jumping for joy on twitter and are happy that he’s leaving, so my guess is that fans haven’t been happy with their performance this year and have been giving him a hard time about it.

Reaction Score
I remember seeing some of their fans on r/collegebasketball complaining when they beat us last year that the NCAA tournament win would ensure that Turgeon wouldn't be fired. I guess they get to have their cake and eat it too in that regard.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
that darrel defense guy was the soul of that twerp overachieving team, helped by their buckets guard guy. when big ten dpoy left for marquette? xavier? one of those squads out in cheeseland? that movie had to end.
coach just cracked one day while shaving, thinking 'losing him was a yuge mistake. he made us whole.'
now, back to my attempt to trade typo for joshy. looks like we could use him right aboot now.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Q. Wahab left G-Town for this.
Maybe Qudus Wahab can go back to Georgetown, they really need him.

Reaction Score
Can confirm...went to several bball and football games at College Park...not impressed
This is a perfect example of a fanbase that thinks their school is better than it actually is. Turgeon has done a perfectly good job at Maryland. But of course they think they should be competing for national championships every year, when that's just not realistic. The grass isn't always greener, and I think they'll be disappointed by whoever it is that replaces Turgeron.

Reaction Score
Maryland's conference record when they were in the ACC? 418-397. Yes, they have 1 NCAA championship in 2002 and they have played in 2 FFs in 2001 and 2002, but they haven't been to the Elite 8 since 2002, 19 years ago, and they have one Sweet 16 appearance since 2003. They aren't ranked in the top 50 in all time wins. That doesn't sound like a top 10 job. And, conference realignment has blown up Maryland's rivalries with Virginia, Duke, and UNC.

Turgeon did a solid job at Maryland, but he couldn't get them over the hump.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you are kidding. Watched Memphis play Iowa State.... I think it was Iowa State. Announcers were talking about one of the Memphis players. Apparently he started at Memphis. Transfered to ISU. Then back to Memphis. Odd. I'm not sure I believed what I was hearing. Mind was blown

MJ1

Reaction Score
I was just kidding, feel for a kid who transferred to be with new coach and now the coach is gone. If he transfers again he has to sit out a year. I believe you can only transfer once without sitting out a year. If he stayed at Georgetown they would have been a legit team.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you are kidding. Watched Memphis play Iowa State.... I think it was Iowa State. Announcers were talking about one of the Memphis players. Apparently he started at Memphis. Transfered to ISU. Then back to Memphis. Odd. I'm not sure I believed what I was hearing. Mind was blown
Quinnipiac has a kid that did this - their center, Kevin Marfo. He started at George Washington, redshirted to play two years at QU, grad-transferred to Texas A&M and now is using his COVID-year to play at QU again. 24 year-old in his sixth year of college - a man amongst boys.

Reaction Score
Won the Big East tourney last year and had a couple of nice pieces and a top recruit coming in, kids these days just aren’t patient. Ewing’s sucks and all but if he stayed, I think things could have been decent around there.

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall is available!
Danny Hurley, "Maryland is my dream job."....

Can't have Hurley, but maybe Kevin Ollie?
Kevin Ollie, "Maryland is my dream job."

Any coach without a job, "Maryland is my dream job."

Reaction Score
Danny Hurley, "Maryland is my dream job."....

Can't have Hurley, but maybe Kevin Ollie?
Kevin Ollie, "Maryland is my dream job."

Any coach without a job, "Maryland is my dream job."

As folks said at the time, about as credible as claiming Applebees is your dream restaurant or Holiday Inn Express is your dream hotel.

Reaction Score
As folks said at the time, about as credible as claiming Applebees is your dream restaurant or Holiday Inn Express is your dream hotel.
Yep.

Also, for some reason I put a winking emoji for sarcasm after the Hurley comment to show that was a joke, but it was blocked for some reason and didn't appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom