Tuned Into Bc Game Briefly, Last Night..... | The Boneyard

Tuned Into Bc Game Briefly, Last Night.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
towards the end of the blowout, and the announcer was saying how BC fans don't understand how long it takes to build a top program, and they need to be patient, and that they don't realize how difficult it is for BC because the talent pool in their region is so limited in terms of division one prospects. As opposed to Florida State's situation being in a state with so much talent.

Reaction Score
I caught the end of the game, and the announcer was saying that "maybe everybody was a year early touting FSU as a top team in the country. They're young and a year away. Next year they will be one of the best in the nation. They have a top rated recruitng class again,....." I kind of laughed, because I remember last year one of the ESPN drones was saying FSU is a year away from being a dominant team in the country, they have one of the top rated recruiting class for the second or third year in a row, etc, etc...

Here's my prediction, this time next year, and the year after that, when FSU is sitting at 6-3 after losing to their toughest OOC opponent, to a top third ACC team, and to a dog in the ACC, an ESPN announcer will tell us FSU is a year away from being a dominant team nationally, they're still very young, etc...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I caught the end of the game, and the announcer was saying that "maybe everybody was a year early touting FSU as a top team in the country. They're young and a year away. Next year they will be one of the best in the nation. They have a top rated recruitng class again,....." I kind of laughed, because I remember last year one of the ESPN drones was saying FSU is a year away from being a dominant team in the country, they have one of the top rated recruiting class for the second or third year in a row, etc, etc...

Here's my prediction, this time next year, and the year after that, when FSU is sitting at 6-3 after losing to their toughest OOC opponent, to a top third ACC team, and to a dog in the ACC, an ESPN announcer will tell us FSU is a year away from being a dominant team nationally, they're still very young, etc...

+1

Reaction Score

+2.

At least they're stuck on "a year away" while being good but not real good. Miami is also perpectually "a year away" according to "everyone" and they haven't been anywhere close to being very good.

By the way -- was your pointing out BC's limitations and difficulties meant to belittle BCU or remind people here how much larger the challenges we face are than just having the right coach? I couldn't tell.

Reaction Score
towards the end of the blowout, and the announcer was saying how BC fans don't understand how long it takes to build a top program, and they need to be patient, and that they don't realize how difficult it is for BC because the talent pool in their region is so limited in terms of division one prospects. As opposed to Florida State's situation being in a state with so much talent.
BC never should have fired Tom O Brien. Chalk up another brilliant move by Flipper.

Reaction Score

Florida State is the most underated team in the country. If EJ Manuel doesn't get hurt early in the 2nd half against Oklahoma they are most likely undefeated now. I saw that game and even after the unjury to Manuel they still had their chances to beat Oklahoma, and had chances to beat Clemson and Wake without him.

Reaction Score
By the way -- was your pointing out BC's limitations and difficulties meant to belittle BCU or remind people here how much larger the challenges we face are than just having the right coach? I couldn't tell.

I wasn't pointing them out, I was just relaying the announcer's comments because I found it amusing that they were apologizing for BC and making excuses for BC and cheerleading to their fans, becuase they have to prop up their ACC properties.

Reaction Score
Florida State is the most underated team in the country. If EJ Manuel doesn't get hurt early in the 2nd half against Oklahoma they are most likely undefeated now. I saw that game and even after the unjury to Manuel they still had their chances to beat Oklahoma, and had chances to beat Clemson and Wake without him.
Wow! You're consistent, I'll give you that. I figured with all the NFL caliber depth FSU brings in every year that they'd have a heisman potential QB waiting in the wings. Every team has to deal with injuries, and there are no excuses allowed. OU was playing without their full starting roster that entire game. They were w/out one of their top defenders, and I beleive without a play maker on offense. They still took care of FSU on the road. Every team has to deal with injuries. The elite teams overcome this.

Reaction Score
rob,
come on. they had a chance to beat Wake? I think that's called damning with faint praise. Most underrated team in the country, my a#$.

Reaction Score
rob,
come on. they had a chance to beat Wake? I think that's called damning with faint praise. Most underrated team in the country, my a#$.
Turnovers killed FSU in that game, the bu qb Trickett threw 3 int's. Wake was up 16-14 with only -1 yards offense at the half. FSU tried bringing in a 50% ready EJ Manuel in the 2nd half but it was not enough given his injuries. He is a Heisman candidate BTW. I stand by my statement, when Manuel is healthy they are the best 6-3 team in the country.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I agree with Rob on this. FSU is very good. They are underrated in that they aren't ranked, but I would bet they are the 15th best team right now.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Wow, FSU is the best 6-3 team in the country and is the most underrated team in the country!

That puts them in fine position to be the most underrated team to play in the Sun Bowl.

The good teams this year are currently undefeated or at most have one loss, sorry.

Reaction Score
UConn is the best 3-5 team in the country. I stand by this statement. We are one play away (in each game) from being the most under rated 6-2 team in the country. IF marijuana was legal we'd be 7-1.

Reaction Score
Most hard core fans aren't rational when it comes to their team. It's especially hard when a team has some success in the past. FSU is so far from the team that dominated in 1999 or most of their teams from the 90's. They will be 1 year away for awhile.

I'm that way with the NY Football Giants. Already dreading this Sunday, until then, there is still hope.

Reaction Score
Most hard core fans aren't rational when it comes to their team. It's especially hard when a team has some success in the past. FSU is so far from the team that dominated in 1999 or most of their teams from the 90's. They will be 1 year away for awhile.

I'm that way with the NY Football Giants. Already dreading this Sunday, until then, there is still hope.

Wow!!! A Providence fan, but not a Pat's fan. You must live in the greater NYC area (NY, NJ, or Fairfield Co)
At least you've got that Giants win in the superbowl a few years ago.

Reaction Score
UConn is the best 3-5 team in the country. I stand by this statement. We are one play away (in each game) from being the most under rated 6-2 team in the country. IF marijuana was legal we'd be 7-1.
I wasn't pointing them out, I was just relaying the announcer's comments because I found it amusing that they were apologizing for BC and making excuses for BC and cheerleading to their fans, becuase they have to prop up their ACC properties.
Man, BC is in total meltdown right now as a program. A few short years ago they were ranked in the top 10. Unfortunately, we're no better, so there is nothing to really feel good about, but at this moment in time, with the realignment stuff, a dynamic BC program could be pulling out way ahead of us (and vice versa). But at least that is not happening.

Reaction Score
Man, BC is in total meltdown right now as a program. A few short years ago they were ranked in the top 10. Unfortunately, we're no better, so there is nothing to really feel good about, but at this moment in time, with the realignment stuff, a dynamic BC program could be pulling out way ahead of us (and vice versa). But at least that is not happening.

Agreed. It looks like we picked the wrong season to stop taking amphetamines.
airplane-movie-pic.jpg

Reaction Score
If BC can't see how a UConn-Eagles rivalry would revitalize interest in a moribund program, then ESPN certainly should.

Reaction Score

And I'm loving every minute of it.

Reaction Score
I think Pitino is a , but he did say one thing I agree with which is that the grass is not always greener on the other side. In the Big East, BC always had a decent football program, played in some big games, won the Big East basketball tournament and had several titles in other sports. Now they are totally irrelevant. Don't think I would trade a few extra bucks and stability of the ACC for all they have lost.

UConn is in a bit of a different boat as a few of its teams are so dominant - M+W Basketball, Soccer, and Field Hockey, I believe they could compete in any conference on a regular basis. But if UConn were to get in the BigTen or a single division Big 12, our football program would become irrelevant too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom