Tulsa Beatdown | The Boneyard

Tulsa Beatdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team played well in every facet of the game. They came out with energy and got a big lead. Boatright was amazing again. Hamilton looks comfortable playing the so called 4. The 3 guard lineup with Hamilton and Brimah seems to be the answer we have been looking for all year. Only thing that bothers me is Purvis and his missed free throws. Just irks me for some reason. Great win onto SMU. Get a win there and the season will have turned around.

Reaction Score
Moving Samuel into the starting lineup seems to have changed the season.

Last 3 games:
95 minutes: 6.7 ppg (7-for-12 FG, 6-for-8 FT), 14 reb, 9 ast, 4 TO

He brings stability, allows Boat to play in attack mode, and has stopped dribbling the ball off his foot. His improvement curve is starting to bend seriously upward, just like Bazz & Boat in their years under KO.

Any PG prospect who doesn't want to play for UConn should have his head checked.

Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:
Purvis will be irking BY posters as long as he lives. Great win.

I almost posted something about how he drives me nuts, thought better of it, then he got hot.

Frankly, two of the shots he made were probably bad decisions - perimeter shots early in the shot clock with the game not totally wrapped up. But screw it - let's get some extra shots up in XL so we feel comfortable there next month.

Reaction Score
Moving Samuel into the starting lineup seems to have changed the season.

Last 3 games:
95 minutes: 6.7 ppg (7-for-12 FG, 6-for-8 FT), 14 reb, 9 ast, 4 TO

He brings stability, allows Boat to play in attack mode, and has stopped dribbling the ball off his foot. His improvement curve is starting to bend seriously upward, just like Bazz & Boat in their years under KO.

Any PG prospect who doesn't want to play for UConn should have his head checked.
Samuel's growth is crital for not only this year ,but even more so next.
Playing next to seasoned lead guard makes Adams transition much easier.

Reaction Score
Samuel's growth is crital for not only this year ,but even more so next.
Playing next to seasoned lead guard makes Adams transition much easier.
Very, very true.

TSam has "bigger version of Taliek" potential, even if he wasn't nearly as polished once he got to school.

Reaction Score
I almost posted something about how he drives me nuts, thought better of it, then he got hot.

Frankly, two of the shots he made were probably bad decisions - perimeter shots early in the shot clock with the game not totally wrapped up. But screw it - let's get some extra shots up in XL so we feel comfortable there next month.

Actually, I thought those shots were great news. Those are exactly the shots I want Purvis to feel good enough and confident enough to take. I really think he's a lot better player than he's shown so far this year. The mind's a funny thing, I want to see what a confident Purvis can do.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Hope we get Carter. Boat is playing at an All American level. With Boat gone, TSam and Purvis will find no space.

Reaction Score
They played well tonight. A full team effort on both sides of the floor. If they play like this from here on out they can run the table and still get in. Fingers crossed.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Woke up to this good news...Man, did we ever need a game like this!

Reaction Score
selles said:
Actually, I thought those shots were great news. Those are exactly the shots I want Purvis to feel good enough and confident enough to take. I really think he's a lot better player than he's shown so far this year. The mind's a funny thing, I want to see what a confident Purvis can do.

True - that is a good sign, as is heating up late twice in a row (and against Florida). In general I don't want a guy pulling up from 17 feet on a 2 on 1 break up by 15 with six minutes left. But up 15 is in some ways an okay time to let the confidence brim a little when there's less pressure, especially in his case (would have been much more mad at Boat for the same shot). If we had actually lost the game, there would have been bigger reasons than one shot with six minutes left.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, KO finally has found the right rotation this year by starting Samuel and putting Hamilton at the 4. He is peaking the team at the right moment although sooner would have helped the NCAA resume. I am very proud of how KO hung in there and kept working the rotations to fine the best chemistry.

Reaction Score
Purvis will be irking BY posters as long as he lives. Great win.

How about as long as we live. My last word won't be Rosebud, it will be Purvis. Tonight the energy level that Amida brought all game long really set the tone and propelled us to victory. He was not losing tonight. His attitude rubbed off on Nolan who is playing with more urgency. Hamilton continues to rebound well and was very involved. If he could find a way to get the ball over the front of the rim on his shots from the paint he would have had 20 points easily. Quite a few short shots tonight but he never lost his energy level. Have to give credit to Boat who is having a stellar senior year. Really played under control again tonight.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, KO finally has found the right rotation this year by starting Samuel and putting Hamilton at the 4. He is peaking the team at the right moment although sooner would have helped the NCAA resume. I am very proud of how KO hung in there and kept working the rotations to fine the best chemistry.
Let me know where you and Andre are grabbing beers tonight, I can be there in 30 min

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
C'mon fellas atleast let the man breathe a lil? Lol ya'll were quick to the gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads