Tulsa 10-1 in American | The Boneyard

Tulsa 10-1 in American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shows what the American is because they lost to OK St.,Wichita St., and Oklahoma by a ton. To show increasing strength and improvement we need to pulverize them with 100% effort. I don't want to hear comments about lack of agressiveness.Now I understand that we play down to the competition and every game is an adventure, but tonight could really start a push to the finish for us and maybe even make an at large bid not sound ridiculous. KO should have us ready.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Shows what the American is because they lost to OK St.,Wichita St., and Oklahoma by a ton. To show increasing strength and improvement we need to pulverize them with 100% effort. I don't want to hear comments about lack of agressiveness.Now I understand that we play down to the competition and every game is an adventure, but tonight could really start a push to the finish for us and maybe even make an at large bid not sound ridiculous. KO should have us ready.

If we do not come out ready to go and playing hard it will tell a lot.

Reaction Score

They also had a brand new coach. It's not crazy to think they've improved.

Reaction Score
Payback game...no excuse not to come out with energy from the start tonight. Need a good crowd. Is tonight a sellout?

Reaction Score
They also had a brand new coach. It's not crazy to think they've improved.
Noticed a while back that they don't have any seniors, either. They should return the same team next year.

Reaction Score
Noticed a while back that they don't have any seniors, either. They should return the same team next year.
I noticed this as well during the first matchup. Always intriguing to see the rosters around college BB that return everyone who gets significant minutes for their respective teams. LSU is the team I'm excited to watch next year barring no one jumps to the NBA. Return everyone and add 2 5-star recruits, one being the #1 player.

Reaction Score
I guess there is no time like the present to turn things around - but I have not seen us take over a game for 40 minutes all year against a decent D 1 team.
Not sure if the tweaks KO has made has helped the chemistry of this team- but it sure would be nice to see signs of life and win or lose. This game will tell us just about everything we need to know about where this team is heading this season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
the SEASON starts TONIGHT................................

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
This is the kind of game that needs to be a Gampel. Playing the #1 team in the conference after losing on their turf, having Gampel's energy would be really useful and could really give UConn momentum. I hate how many games have been at XL this year. Does it seem more than usual to others? I feel like we never play at Gampel anymore. Only one big game has been at Gampel all year, the Texas game. The rest of the Gampel games have against teams like Yale, ECU, UCF, Bryant, and Tulane coming up. Obviously senior night is at Gampel against Memphis but I seriously don't understand why they don't have like 90% of home games at Gampel. Ugh its so frustrating because playing on campus in that loud arena gives us such an advantage. I know its a money thing but its seriously annoying.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
to all those who believe we are in a crap conference - UConn BB is in the middle of the crap and not at the top.

Lets get the W

Reaction Score
Oklahoma also beat Texas and WVU, by a million, two other teams we lost to.

Reaction Score
If the XL has aywhere near the energy it had for the Cincy and Temple games, it'll be fun.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma also beat Texas and WVU, by a million, two other teams we lost to.
Their resume for being good is all on the American, so is beating them a high quality win as it would be to a 10-1 team in a quality conference? No, but at this stage I guess it's something. Their in conference says they should be a great team, they ain't.

Reaction Score
Their resume for being good is all on the American, so is beating them a high quality win as it would be to a 10-1 team in a quality conference? No, but at this stage I guess it's something. Their in conference says they should be a great team, they ain't.
Not every schedule is equal.

Their schedule is back loaded, they have only played 1 of the top teams on the road, Temple.

Their conference wins have been UCF, Houston x2, USF x2, Uconn (at home), Temple, Memphis (at home), ECU, and Tulane.

No one is saying they are a great team. They are unranked.

Beating them is a top 50 RPI win which UConn needs desperately.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Every time I say we're going to win a game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If the XL has aywhere near the energy it had for the Cincy and Temple games, it'll be fun.
Or if it has the energy the ECU game it will be dreadful.

Reaction Score
This is the kind of game that needs to be a Gampel. Playing the #1 team in the conference after losing on their turf, having Gampel's energy would be really useful and could really give UConn momentum. I hate how many games have been at XL this year. Does it seem more than usual to others? I feel like we never play at Gampel anymore. Only one big game has been at Gampel all year, the Texas game. The rest of the Gampel games have against teams like Yale, ECU, UCF, Bryant, and Tulane coming up. Obviously senior night is at Gampel against Memphis but I seriously don't understand why they don't have like 90% of home games at Gampel. Ugh its so frustrating because playing on campus in that loud arena gives us such an advantage. I know its a money thing but its seriously annoying.
Do you seriously need an explanation as to why we play in Hartford? The XL schedule has been dreadful since the AAC. Stop complaining.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Do you seriously need an explanation as to why we play in Hartford? The XL schedule has been dreadful since the AAC. Stop complaining.
I do understand why they play at XL…But what I'm saying is they shouldn't.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
BTW Tulsa has just 1 top 90 RPI win. Actually losing this game tonight will give them two. No shot at the NCAA's right now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A nope goes down! I'm shocked, shocked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads