Tulane's Lisa Stockton Talks Rule Changes | The Boneyard

Tulane's Lisa Stockton Talks Rule Changes

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Funny article title here: Can we talk about changing transfer rules, cutting scholarship totals in women's college basketball? And, oh, yeah, UConn is still elite."

The reporter gets rid of his bias right up front too.

"When the American Athletic Conference's women's basketball season begins on New Year's Eve, it will officially tip off its battle for second place." I was thinking about that this morning. I'd love to have a poll of the players in the AAC as to whether they'd just as soon have UConn in the P5.

The article is really heavily Stockton's opinions and she's a smart cookie so it is worth the read.

There is a line in there which would really frost CD's butt. Can you find it?

AS far as the 13 scholarship limit, that would be inconsequential for UConn. The program is so picky it is rare to have 13 scholarship players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe cut basketball scholarships down to 10 or 11, then give the extra ones to sports where you have to give half scholarships because there aren't enough for everyone.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Funny article title here: Can we talk about changing transfer rules, cutting scholarship totals in women's college basketball? And, oh, yeah, UConn is still elite."

The reporter gets rid of his bias right up front too.

"When the American Athletic Conference's women's basketball season begins on New Year's Eve, it will officially tip off its battle for second place." I was thinking about that this morning. I'd love to have a poll of the players in the AAC as to whether they'd just as soon have UConn in the P5.

The article is really heavily Stockton's opinions and she's a smart cookie so it is worth the read.

There is a line in there which would really frost CD's butt. Can you find it?

AS far as the 13 scholarship limit, that would be inconsequential for UConn. The program is so picky it is rare to have 13 scholarship players.

Rocky- it might just be me but I couldn't get to the article from your post, so I posted it as it was posted in a different thread.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rocky- it might just be me but I couldn't get to the article from your post, so I posted it as it was posted in a different thread.

Well, gosh. There is a first time for everything. Thanks. Didn't see it elsewhere.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Well, gosh. There is a first time for everything. Thanks. Didn't see it elsewhere.
It was posted this morning @ 7:48 in the NCAA Approves Shepard ND Waiver thread

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Maybe cut basketball scholarships down to 10 or 11, then give the extra ones to sports where you have to give half scholarships because there aren't enough for everyone.
No - 10 or 11 is a bit dicey. Injuries and all that, although of course it could work.

OTH - no problem with the 13. Few teams consistently carry more than 13 - I'm sure there are some. But typically, most coaches go 7 or 8 deep only as the season progresses, anyhow.

Oddly enough, there are a couple RU fans who have historically complained every time there has been less than 15 on the roster.

Reaction Score
Having 13 scholarships should stop certain coaches from hoarding the top players to some extent.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Having 13 scholarships should stop certain coaches from hoarding the top players to some extent.

There are times I have felt Kim Mulkey guilty of same; an opinion maybe shared by a few players.

Reaction Score
There are times I have felt Kim Mulkey guilty of same; an opinion maybe shared by a few players.
There are other top programs too! I was not referring to Uconn at all!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I didnt think so. It has been a long day and a half with no sleep. At hospital with my son and daughter inlaw waiting for the arrival of their first baby! A little girl named Ariel and she is beautiful!

Well a great day indeed. Congrats.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I didnt think so. It has been a long day and a half with no sleep. At hospital with my son and daughter inlaw waiting for the arrival of their first baby! A little girl named Ariel and she is beautiful!

I know how you feel, that was my week before last.

Reaction Score
A change worth considering: Same ball for men and women. (Everybody use the same 10" ball.)
(I may be mistaken, but I believe that the girls use a 9.5" ball vs. the 10" ball used by men.)
I remember seeing something that Geno said about the ball size. He seemed to be in favor of the men's ball as he said it didn't have an effect on women's shooting and that it bounced better off the rim. Not sure where that quote is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom