Tulane - UCF painful to watch | The Boneyard

Tulane - UCF painful to watch

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
14 first half turnovers for Tulane, and neither team can throw it into the Thames River...awful display of BB.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
How did this team (Tulane) EVER play us that close?

Hopefully that's going to be our only hiccup for this entire season, and you know what that means.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How did this team (Tulane) EVER play us that close?

The same way Stanford did. They figured they had nothing to lose, so they threw caution to the wind, and let it rip. They also had plenty of adrenaline. We had lots of turnovers, and somebody forgot to take the lid off of the basket on our end of the court.

The fact that we were suffering through one of the worst shooting nights we've had in years, gave them even more encouragement and hope. You know what happens when you let a team hang around, and don't put them away. After a while, they begin to think they can actually beat you, and they damn near did (the game came down to the last shot).

When was the last time UConn scored 28 points in a half?? It's not uncommon fr our girls to score that many in a quarter. Remember that first quarter against DePaul???
Lucky for us, we don't have those types of games very often. :rolleyes:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm glad UCF won. Coach Abe has done a great job in her first year.

Can't like this comment enough!!! She is gonna do great things at UCF. Just needs to get recruiting rolling which I think she can.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
This Is Top Level SEC style play, not sure why people are so down on the american

Others will take note of the AAC when some team(s) other than UCONN win NCAA tourney games.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Others will take note of the AAC when some team(s) other than UCONN win NCAA tourney games.
I would be remiss if I didn't point out in response that USF has won an NCAA tournament game in each of the past two years.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Slightly less painful for UCF... I wish they'd played a better schedule. They have a win over USF and almost beat Va Tech early in the season - I think they are good enough to be a NCAA team, but they don't have the resume or RPI to be considered. They'd probably need to beat UCONN and that ain't gonna happen...

Reaction Score
I was actually hoping for Tulane to win so our ladies would get a chance to erase the close game and put a beat down they would remember. (Whew!!!) :D

Reaction Score

Really admire Coach Abe. Love that she did a retweet-shoutout to Co-Coaches of the Year.

We're lucky to have her in the AAC.

Reaction Score
UCF would have won easily if they could hit a free throw in the first half. They turned it around and made all the important ones down the stretch. I think the Tulane band may have had something about the first half travesty at the line. They were really loud and crazy. The most distracting band for a ft shooter I've seen all season, lol.

By contrast, UCONN was awesome at the free throw line today. I didn't see the final tally but I know they made at least the first 15 without a miss.

Carnac

Reaction Score

The needle has already moved. The RPI of the AAC has gotten better this year. Some of it's team's records are better than a year ago.
Cincinnati who finished in the cellar with Houston last year, finished ABOVE .500 this year at 16-14/7-9. They were 8-22 last year.

Houston
is 12-18/4-12. They were 6-24/2-16 a year ago. They too are slowly making strides in the right direction. AAC teams also won some meaningful OOC games this year, which also gave the conference some positive recognition and credibility.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I was actually hoping for Tulane to win so our ladies would get a chance to erase the close game and put a beat down they would remember. (Whew!!!) :D

Tony Tonie Tone, Let it go bro. It's all good. Tulane couldn't "make the cut" (to use a golf term). They're small potatoes right now. We're looking at a much larger picture this weekend. We'll see them twice next year. Our girls nor the staff will forget the events that transpired during their last game. Order and sanity will be restored!! :cool:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Slightly less painful for UCF... I wish they'd played a better schedule. They have a win over USF and almost beat Va Tech early in the season - I think they are good enough to be a NCAA team, but they don't have the resume or RPI to be considered. They'd probably need to beat UCONN and that ain't gonna happen...

It's really interesting that aside from their loss to UConn, all of UCF's losses were by 11 points or less. However, with losses to Memphis (2), Tulsa, Cincinnati, Buffalo, SMU, and UC Davis, they would've needed a lot more than just the win over USF to present to the committee.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Yes!!! And that needs to happen sooner rather later. And I'm talking about some quality wins over quality teams.

Reaction Score
It was a painfully slow game to watch honestly, didn't get going until the final few minutes of the 4th until UCF ran away with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom