Tulane @ South Florida (ESPN2, 12 noon ET) | The Boneyard

Tulane @ South Florida (ESPN2, 12 noon ET)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
South Florida (19-4, 8-2 AAC) hosts Tulane (15-9, 6-5) in a game that both teams need in their win column.

Both teams are coming off recent disappointing losses to Memphis. Tulane was already right on the bubble (Charlie's last team in) before the Memphis loss, while USF is a projected 8-seed.

Sue Bird is the color analyst. Game now underway.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Cheering for Tulane here. Would like to sneak as many AAC teams into the NCAA as we can

Plebe

Reaction Score
After watching the 1st quarter..I asked myself "How did NCState lose to Tulane?"

Haha. I'm guessing a few of those outside shots that were clanging off the rim must've been falling in the NC State game. It hasn't been the prettiest.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Cheering for Tulane here. Would like to sneak as many AAC teams into the NCAA as we can
I would have been rooting for Tulane also - I thought if they won out against teams they should beat, but still lost to teams like UCONN, USF, and maybe Temple, they might have snuck in, but losing to Memphis pretty much destroyed any chances they had of making the NCAA's. So now I'll root for UCONN, Temple and USF to win out...

Plebe

Reaction Score
I would have been rooting for Tulane also - I thought if they won out against teams they should beat, but still lost to teams like UCONN, USF, and maybe Temple, they might have snuck in, but losing to Memphis pretty much destroyed any chances they had of making the NCAA's. So now I'll root for UCONN, Temple and USF to win out..

For Tulane a quality top-50 win would compensate for the bad loss to Memphis, I believe. The committee generally rewards good wins more than they mark off for bad losses.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Very nice analysis by Rebecca at halftime on how UConn will defend SC's bigs.

Plebe

Reaction Score
USF wins, 66-56. That puts the Bulls and Temple in a tie for 2nd in the AAC, with both at 9-2. They'll play next Sunday in Tampa.

The loss drops Tulane to 6-6 in conference. Of course, 5 of those 6 losses are to UConn, Temple, and USF, and they still have to play UConn again next Saturday. (The team now in 4th place at 6-5, Cincinnati, has benefited greatly from the unbalanced conference schedule: Cincy only plays the top 3 teams once each.)

Probably the best thing that can happen for Tulane at this point would be to end up on the opposite side of the AAC tournament bracket from UConn so that they have a realistic chance at a quality win. But that looks unlikely at this point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like Tulane is playing itself out of tournament contention.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Looks like Tulane is playing itself out of tournament contention.

Darn shame too. I pull for them in WCBB. Their coach was born and raised here in Greensboro.... and her first head coaching job was at Greensboro College (Division III)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom