Tulane hiring Ron Hunter (Georgia State HC) | The Boneyard

Tulane hiring Ron Hunter (Georgia State HC)

Reaction Score
Great news for Tulane.

Losing Melvin Frazier and Cameron Reynolds was a tough blow for Tulane, but we can't forget that they didn't play with a true PG this year because Ray Ona Embo was out for the year.

For 19-20, he'll be back and along with him, Sehic and Daniels this trio will lead the charge with guys like Crabtree, Zhang, Barrett and Wood, all of which played at least 18 minutes per game, now having a full season of college ball under their belt.

Yes, they still have a raw backcourt in Koka and Ajang along with their two recruits coming in, and I fully expect them to be the worst team in the AAC, but they will most certainly be better next year.

Overall, excellent hire for Tulane.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Great news for Tulane.

Losing Melvin Frazier and Cameron Reynolds was a tough blow for Tulane, but we can't forget that they didn't play with a true PG this year because Ray Ona Embo was out for the year.

For 19-20, he'll be back and along with him, Sehic and Daniels this trio will lead the charge with guys like Crabtree, Zhang, Barrett and Wood, all of which played at least 18 minutes per game, now having a full season of college ball under their belt.

Yes, they still have a raw backcourt in Koka and Ajang along with their two recruits coming in, and I fully expect them to be the worst team in the AAC, but they will most certainly be better next year.

Overall, excellent hire for Tulane.
This is assuming no turnover or decommits in a coaching change, which is a rare thing.
But I think/hope many will stay.

Reaction Score
His best teams were based on landing P5 transfers (UK, Louisville, PC) and local talent who shouldn't have sniffed Georgia State. This should translate. There is a ton of local talent in NOLA. The cards are stacked against him making Tulane good but mere mediocrity will improve our league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom