Tulane Depth Chart Released | The Boneyard

Tulane Depth Chart Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JohnFSilver 11:23am via Twitter for iPhone
Quick peek at depth chart for Tulane. Notable changes in DT Fatukasi and McBryde an OR. Ormsby Adeyemu's backup.

JohnFSilver 11:24am via Twitter for iPhone
Other notes. All 4 RBs are ORs.

JohnFSilver 11:24am via Twitter for iPhone
Most of this is housekeeping. Fatukasi 6-4, 307, has made an impact in rotation.

EdDaigneault 11:31am via TweetDeck
Arkeel Newsome joins Josh Marriner and Ron Johnson as OR backups to Max DeLorenzo on the UConn depth chart. Means little as they've shared

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Annnnd another week of Whitmer with some Foxx cameos.

Why even bother to watch at this point, it's just a mockery of the program.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Annnnd another week of Whitmer with some Foxx cameos.

Why even bother to watch at this point, it's just a mockery of the program.

I'd wait to see what actually happens in the game CHB. Diaco is not going to tip his hand if he doesn't need to.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The problem is that if you are going to use backs that can't block you still need to throw the ball with them in the game or you may as well give the other team your playbook and signals.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Eh I don't care what they publish.

They were headed in the right direction last game consolidating the carries some.

Hopefully they continues.

I'm just playing around. I too want to see more Newsome and Johnson. I REALLY like both backs and loved seeing them on the field more against Temple.

Reaction Score
The problem is that if you are going to use backs that can't block you still need to throw the ball with them in the game or you may as well give the other team your playbook and signals.

I honestly don't think that's much of a concern anymore, exposing the playbook that is. They way our offense has performed through the first 5 games, my guess would be that opposing defenses are going to be throwing pressure at us on every down, including first down. No more worries about protections on just obvious passing downs for the 2014 UCONN offense, we're going to get it every down, and in that case, you may as well keep doing what we're doing.

What kills me is the chop blocks. We've done it twice, consecutive weeks against USF and Temple. That's just bad, dangerous football, and the league officials will be watching for it. We need to make sure players are all picking up assignmetns correctly, and then if there is a combo block, can't have players going high/low.

We went backwards on offense, literally and figuratively through September, got to get that going in the right direction.

Reaction Score
What kills me is the chop blocks. We've done it twice, consecutive weeks against USF and Temple. That's just bad, dangerous football, and the league officials will be watching for it. We need to make sure players are all picking up assignmetns correctly, and then if there is a combo block, can't have players going high/low.

After looking at the last one at temple, it looked to me like Knappe just pushed his man, and their happened to be a fallen UCONN player behind him. looked like more of a freak thing than anything. Although it could be open to interpretation. I don't remember the details of the USF one, as i couldn't get myself to watch that game more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom