Tulane Coach Explains How to Almost Beat UConn | The Boneyard

Tulane Coach Explains How to Almost Beat UConn

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It was Kia's first game being out so some disjointedness occurred, less than focused effort AND some very hot 3 point shooting by Tulane.

One thing I think so many writers and posters forget is in the "close games" like FSU, MD and Tulane, UConn had double digit leads in the 4th quarter that dwindled due to some exceptional shooting. In closer games like ND, Baylor and Texas that were close midway, the UConn team stayed focused and pulled away.

I sort of blame Geno for the close call against FSU. MD was not really in doubt and the Tulane game was definitely the case of taking a team you just blew out for granted while trying to adjust to missing a key starter.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They also missed at least seven free throws.

Reaction Score
I hope Geno and crew remember this next year and make sure they do not leave any doubt in Tulane's mind as to who the better team is ;)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Almost only counts in horseshoes, lawn darts and hand grenades!

Reaction Score
Almost only counts in horseshoes, lawn darts and hand grenades!
Almost!
jarts.jpg

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I would like to remind everyone that FSU was the FIRST game of the season. I'm not sure how many top teams played their first game of the season on the road vs a ranked opponent but.... I would say maybe enough to count on 1 hand and probably not even that many since we already know a lot of coaches in WCBB don't want to make too much fuss about a competitive OOC schedule. Who else is using their first game of the season as a barometer in March? Nobody!!!

UConn uses your last 6 games to scout you. The ONLY reason the media keeps bringing up the FSU game is because it was the closest margin of victory. It is completely inconsequential in March... especially since FSU isn't even in the FF. As for Tulane, you don't almost beat anyone is Basketball. You win or you lose. I am however glad Stockton got some press (albeit the article wasn't really well written or researched). I would have liked to have seen more about the AAC in thhe article to kind of promote the conference a bit but I get that it was more meant to be about Miss St.

Reaction Score
Kia was missing, which meant only one sub. The perimeter D master and 3-point shooter sitting on the bench. Kia would have made at least a 10 point difference, maybe even 20.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom