Tuesday is... | The Boneyard

Tuesday is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. The first official business day in ESPN's exclusive 60 day negotiating window. I don't expect to hear anything.
2. Coach P's weekly news media day.The UConn Press Pass will air at 4:30 P.M. on SNY. I just set the videoplayer to tape it.

Reaction Score
What is a video player? What is a tape?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
1. The first official business day in ESPN's exclusive 60 day negotiating window. I don't expect to hear anything.
2. Coach P's weekly news media day.The UConn Press Pass will air at 4:30 P.M. on SNY. I just set the videoplayer to tape it.
First condition of opening negotiations: ESPN "talent" immediately stops opining on the strength/viability of the BE football conference.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
First condition of opening negotiations: ESPN "talent" immediately stops opining on the strength/viability of the BE football conference.

Couldn't hurt, might help.

But the major damage has already been done, though...

Reaction Score

More importantly, at least be fair and balanced (to quote another network's slogan).
Whacking the BE for a Boise loss (which was to a top 10 team), and then layering on Syr and Pitt (both ACC bound), as further evidence of a struggling BE is just too blatant.

Reaction Score

What leads you to believe that the NBE is in any position to impose conditions on ESPN?

The NBE needs to play nice with ESPN to try to get as big an offer as they can to use with other bidders. If the NBE ticks ESPN off then ESPN may walk and not having an ESPN offer will hurt with any other bidders.

Also, no network is going to accept any controls on what they can or cannot say in their news and opinion shows. That would be like GM telling CNN that they have to say nice things about Romney or GM will not advertise. Just does not happen and likely would be counter productive as far as the coverage going forward.

Finally, truth is always a defense and the NBE is NOT as strong nor as viable as the Power Five Conferences.

Reaction Score
Let's fly Mich State out to Boise and see the result if ESPN is going to bash Boise over the close loss. F--n tools.

Reaction Score
Where's that announcement that some BC fan around here said there will be?? His name is "cleavage", something like that.

Reaction Score
Except for Jay Bilas and Coach Holtz ESPN has no talent. My son once worked for a Knoxville sports station (radio) and the nonsense that goes on at such
places rivals anything the Marx Brothers ever came up with. "Talent" were nice guys personally but vapid and simple thought defined on air presentation.
ESPN is agenda driven, not fact driven. One fact: SU and Pitt suck at football, BSU does not.

Reaction Score
Finally, truth is always a defense and the NBE is NOT as strong nor as viable as the Power Five Conferences.[/quote]

I think you would find very few objective folks who would argue the ACC is stronger than the NBE. Where was ESPN taking shots at Maryland or Wake (or SU or Pitt)? Were you impressed watching the GT-VT game last night - feel like a Top 25 tilt?

No one is arguing the BE has challenges, but to say the it is not as strong as other conferences (did you look at the P12 or B1G results this w/e?), seems a stretch. Mostly since the ACC gets a pass - having nothing to do, of course, with the fact that they are espn's b1tch

Reaction Score
ESPN has obviously become like the National Enquirer.

Reaction Score
ESPN has obviously become like the National Enquirer.

Wrong, National Enqirer reported on "I didn't have sex with that woman"; ESPN is like the NYTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom