Tua Should Be Shelved | The Boneyard

Tua Should Be Shelved

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No reason for him to take another snap in college.
Heal and prep for NFL.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
About $30M lost upfront?

Going from guaranteed top 2-3 pick to someone who may have to sit out a year and prove he can recover?

And that's the gamble every highly touted fb player in college takes.

Football is a violent game and every play can be a career ending play for any player.

Reaction Score
Ouch. Hope his healing is not rough.

I was think Bama's o-line could split the Red Sea.

Reaction Score
I was incredibly surprised to hear his hip actually dislocated. That is indeed very serious.

A DPT friend of mine said that when he was in the cadaver lab for PT school teaching the first year students, he would have to line up the cadaver in a very specific leg position, tie one end of a rope around the cadaver’s leg and one to a door handle, and slam the door as hard as he can, just to possibly dislocate the hip, and half the reason he did that was to demonstrate just how hard it really is to dislocate a hip.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Dr. James Andrews is the Bama team physician. Tua would probably get better care through Andrew's medical team and rolodex of referrals than just about anywhere else. Oddly enough, I heard this morning, depending on rehab schedule, staying at Bama on scholarship and taking a medical redshirt would be wise for continuation of care and cost.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was incredibly surprised to hear his hip actually dislocated. That is indeed very serious.

A DPT friend of mine said that when he was in the cadaver lab for PT school teaching the first year students, he would have to line up the cadaver in a very specific leg position, tie one end of a rope around the cadaver’s leg and one to a door handle, and slam the door as hard as he can, just to possibly dislocate the hip, and half the reason he did that was to demonstrate just how hard it really is to dislocate a hip.

The other thing I've heard about dislocated hips and the unpredictable rehab timeline is the blood lines going to the hip aren't that robust and predicting how well that part of the surgery goes and recovers is a wildcard. Bo got the short end of that stick.

Reaction Score
Noting old people sustain an overwhelming majority of hip dislocations, perhaps a 21 year old kid has better odds for full recovery. How the latter translates to football is T.B.D., but this article shares some insights on the injury.

Reaction Score
Noting old people sustain an overwhelming majority of hip dislocations, perhaps a 21 year old kid has better odds for full recovery. How the latter translates to football is T.B.D., but this article shares some insights on the injury.

Had my right hip replaced in January, and they caution about dislocating the artificial one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom