OT: - True ghost stories | The Boneyard

OT: True ghost stories

Reaction Score
This isn't really a ghost story but its gave me the chills when I heard it. Going to make this short but I had a girlfriend, we were serious and one night we ended up having dinner at her aunts house. So my GF tells her aunt to tell me that "freaky story" from when she was younger. So she goes on to tell me that she used to go to college in Colorado back in the 70s don't remember exact year but it was like Mountain Colorado college? So one night she and her rommate stopped at a gas station. Her roommate decided to wait in the car while she went in and bought some drinks and munchies before heading over to her boyfriends house. So when she walks out theres a guy standing next to the passenger side talking to her friend. she goes around pumps her gas says hi to guy and hes friendly so she doesnt think much of it.
So she finishes pumping her gas and gets in the car and she says the guy is trying to get her friend to meet up with him later on and being kind of pushy about it even though her friend already said she had a bf. So the guy now starts asking her if she would like to hang out because he wont be in town to long etc. she says no thanks and drives off. They were a bit freaked out at how insistent the guy was but didnt think much of it.
They drive off and it was a bit of a drive and they come to a light and she notices that the guy has followed them In his car. He pulls up alongside and gestures for her to roll down the window but she ignores the guy. by this time she and her friend are a little weirded out and getting scared. So they speed off and the guy is still behind them and they have about another 15 minute drive before getting to her boyfriends house. So theyre on this long dark road with this guy just following them and theyre praying that the car doesnt break down or run out of gas.
So finally they get to her boyfriends house and the guy parks across the street so she starts beeping the horn for their boyfriends to come out and by this time theyre in the car crying. They could simply get out and get to the house but they didn't even want to get out of the car they were so scared. So the guys come out and the guy drives off.
Heres the twist to the story. A few months later my gfs aunt gets a call from her friend crying hysterically and screaming over the phone that the guy that followed them that night was on the news for attacking and killing a girl. Turned out the guy was none other than Ted Bundy.

Reaction Score
An ex-gf was taking the red line home one late night when the only other guy on the train took a seat next to her. She said he was super creepy and probably and inappropriate. He told her that they found the other half of a body on some famous Boston murder that day, and then went on to describe where they found it, how it was positioned, bound, etc. She freaks out, sees a cop on the platform of the next stop and gets off the train. The next morning she goes through the paper and asks around about the supposed discovery. It never happened. And as it turns out the night before was exactly one year from the day the murder had happened. She never called the police with the information b/c she was too scared: Half a body in a dumpster

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have one of a sort that involves UConn. Driving to work will share later.

Poe

Reaction Score
My mother in law claims her Christmas tree was tossed across the room once while she was the only one home. This was one of several weird things that happened in this particular house she lived in, in Stratford.

Personally, never experienced anything ghostly or spooky.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So I'll take you back to 1984-86. Towers. Across the hall and one door down (but technically in a different dorm) was a guy named Chris McKinnel. His nickname was a Boneyard appropriate "Flounder". Now for the interesting part, his grandparents were Ed And Lorraine Warren, who some of you know are from Connecticut. Watched the preview of Annabelle Comes Home over the weekend, and their daughter is Chris' mom.

Chris often told us stories of cases his grandparents had worked, and Annabelle was part of that. He had also worked cases with them as well. He could absolutely terrify you. The Warrens had a college tour going then and did come to UConn and some of us did get to meet them. Lorraine was very scary. She knew things about most people.

So now the story. Chris had an old Honda motorcycle. It needed repair, so I followed him to Manchester Honda and drove him back. Two days later (it's spring midterms 1985) I'm studying and he asks if I can give him a ride to a farm in central Massachusetts. I say I can't as I had exams the next day. It's a case the Warrens want him to investigate involving some French Canadian farmer. At that time, some people were handing out small green bibles on campus. Several of us had multiples of them. Chris went to a guy in his dorm he didn't know well and secured a ride to the farm. He asked for a bible and I gave him one of mine.

Next day, I talked to the the guy who gave Chris the ride. He was visibly shaken. Said he saw things fly off walls and shelves in the farmer's house. He and Chris decided to get the kids to safety and he said as he was driving away the kids were being tossed around in the back of his car. Chris told Ed and Lorraine what happened, and they went and eventually an exorcism was performed. During the exorcism, the farmer supposedly clutched on to my little green bible. Then Chris tried to return it to me later. No thanks. The whole story became a book called Satan's Harvest. I've seen reports that footage of the actual exorcism was in the movie The Conjuring and the new movie the Nun. I'm going to check and see if I see my little green bible.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I have one that’ll scare the out of you.

UConn football

The end.
Saw this one coming from a mile away.

Went on a dinner date with a girl, and she got up to go to the bathroom and then didn't come back...never heard from her again. Remains a mystery to this day.
...and was waiting for the "I got ghosted" bit.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My now wife had a house in South Boston (1835). When we were dating she was away and I stayed at the house because friends from KC were visiting Boston and I was showing them around. Dropped off my stuff Saturday morning, took my overnight bag to the main bedroom. House is empty and quiet. Came back that night, and heard voices, loud ones. Creeped out I climbed the three stories to the master bedroom and a TV was on, volume maxed (old 13" CRT). It wasn't on when I left.

After we got married and I moved in, I experienced other things. Most noticeable was an autographed cover of a Sandman comic this one. It was often removed from the wall and placed on the floor behind a chair on a different wall. Never broken. Eventually my wife explained to the house that it was a comic book at the depiction was of Morpheus, not a demon or anything evil. No problems after that. Sometimes we'd hear pans rattling or footsteps, but it was an old house. I didn't know her then but she says that the day she closed on the house she went into the living room spread her arms and said "this is my new house" and the light bulb in the ceiling exploded.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This isn't really a ghost story but its gave me the chills when I heard it. Going to make this short but I had a girlfriend, we were serious and one night we ended up having dinner at her aunts house. So my GF tells her aunt to tell me that "freaky story" from when she was younger. So she goes on to tell me that she used to go to college in Colorado back in the 70s don't remember exact year but it was like Mountain Colorado college? So one night she and her rommate stopped at a gas station. Her roommate decided to wait in the car while she went in and bought some drinks and munchies before heading over to her boyfriends house. So when she walks out theres a guy standing next to the passenger side talking to her friend. she goes around pumps her gas says hi to guy and hes friendly so she doesnt think much of it.
So she finishes pumping her gas and gets in the car and she says the guy is trying to get her friend to meet up with him later on and being kind of pushy about it even though her friend already said she had a bf. So the guy now starts asking her if she would like to hang out because he wont be in town to long etc. she says no thanks and drives off. They were a bit freaked out at how insistent the guy was but didnt think much of it.
They drive off and it was a bit of a drive and they come to a light and she notices that the guy has followed them In his car. He pulls up alongside and gestures for her to roll down the window but she ignores the guy. by this time she and her friend are a little weirded out and getting scared. So they speed off and the guy is still behind them and they have about another 15 minute drive before getting to her boyfriends house. So theyre on this long dark road with this guy just following them and theyre praying that the car doesnt break down or run out of gas.
So finally they get to her boyfriends house and the guy parks across the street so she starts beeping the horn for their boyfriends to come out and by this time theyre in the car crying. They could simply get out and get to the house but they didn't even want to get out of the car they were so scared. So the guys come out and the guy drives off.
Heres the twist to the story. A few months later my gfs aunt gets a call from her friend crying hysterically and screaming over the phone that the guy that followed them that night was on the news for attacking and killing a girl. Turned out the guy was none other than Ted Bundy.
As soon as I read the first couple lines I was like “this is going to be Bundy.” Amazing how many close calls there were.

Reaction Score
If there were ghosts, it wold be a positive sign because it would be proof of life after death. But sadly we have yet to uncover a "true" ghost story.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I lived in Sprague my freshman year and was forced to adjourn to the study rooms in the basement after a party with a lady friend because my roommate had people over. We ended up just crashing down there on one of the couches but not long after passing out, there was a loud slam on one of the tables. We made sure no one was there when we went in and there’s no way someone could’ve come in without us knowing/noticing nor did we see that anything had fallen, so that was rather creepy. That was the first and last time I utilized that space for a late night rendezvous. She wanted to go back to her dorm and she lived in North, so walking past the Cemetery was a lot of fun that night.

As an aside, a friend of mine knew a girl that would frequently sleep for periods of time in the cemetery. Really weird stuff.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I guess I deserve the jabs for “true.” I guess moreso, spooky things that have happened to you.

Reaction Score
I lived in Sprague my freshman year and was forced to adjourn to the study rooms in the basement after a party with a lady friend because my roommate had people over. We ended up just crashing down there on one of the couches but not long after passing out, there was a loud slam on one of the tables. We made sure no one was there when we went in and there’s no way someone could’ve come in without us knowing/noticing nor did we see that anything had fallen, so that was rather creepy. That was the first and last time I utilized that space for a late night rendezvous. She wanted to go back to her dorm and she lived in North, so walking past the Cemetery was a lot of fun that night.

As an aside, a friend of mine knew a girl that would frequently sleep for periods of time in the cemetery. Really weird stuff.
We need to spin off a thread on campus hanky panky locations.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My own: I started my collegiate career at WCSU (scary enough) and lived in an ancient (1920s) dorm room. One night there was crazy noises like loud bangs and laughing and stuff crashing coming from the room next door. I almost knocked on the door and told them to knock it off but I was much more of introvert in those days. I was shocked no one else made a complaint to the RA or cops. I bumped into one of the guys who lived in that room a couple days later and asked about the crazy noises. He looked at me like I was crazy and said he and his roommate stayed over at an off campus house that night. I asked if they came home to their room trashed and they said it was just as they left it. I asked around and no one else heard the noises that night.

Also, my roommate had an alarm clock that would randomly go off at odd times and too a strange AM frequency. It was extra weird because it also went off at a normal set time. We chalked it up to old wiring in the ancient building until it went off when it wasn’t plugged in...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom