OT: - Trivia Question | The Boneyard

OT: Trivia Question

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I came across a pretty good one. Name the two songwriters that have composed two different state songs.

It's tough enough coming up with one, can't imagine coming up with a dozen at a time.

AgStatesman

The Boards Most Rational Poster
Reaction Score
That is a tough one, and that's coming from a guy who was 61-61 for correct answers on Jeopardy last night.

Reaction Score
John Denver..West Virginia and Colorado......Stephen Foster wrote the official state songs of Florida and Kenucky.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
John Denver..West Virginia and Colorado......Stephen Foster wrote the official state songs of Florida and Kenucky.
Foster also wrote, “Way Down in Alabama”, “Lou’siana Belle”, “Virginia Belle”, in addition to “Way down upon the Suwannee River” and “My old Kentucky Home.”

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Good call on John Denver. I would have gotten Stephen Foster, but the second one was eluding me. I knew West Virginia but didn't know Colorado had adopted Rocky Mountain High.

Reaction Score
Good call on John Denver. I would have gotten Stephen Foster, but the second one was eluding me. I knew West Virginia but didn't know Colorado had adopted Rocky Mountain High.
Yes, with the legalization of marijuana here, "Rocky Mountain High" is a natural for our state song...

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I came across a pretty good one. Name the two songwriters that have composed two different state songs.

It's tough enough coming up with one, can't imagine coming up with a dozen at a time.
John Denver - Colorado - Rocky Mountain High
John Denver - West Virginia - Take me home, Country Roads

Stephen Foster - ? - ?
Stephen Foster - Kentucky - My Old Kentucky Home

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Did we both learn this at W. 168th St? You are, of course, my alpha Lion, correct.
It’s amazing just how much useless information is still rooting around in my head.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
John Denver - Colorado - Rocky Mountain High
John Denver - West Virginia - Take me home, Country Roads

Stephen Foster - ? - ?
Stephen Foster - Kentucky - My Old Kentucky Home

Stephen Foster - Florida - Old Folks at Home (Swanee River)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom