Tristen Newton named to Bob Cousy Award watch list | The Boneyard

Tristen Newton named to Bob Cousy Award watch list

Reaction Score
UConn guard Tristen Newton was one of 20 players named to the watch list for the Bob Cousy Award, presented by the Basketball Hall of Fame. The award annually recognizes the top point guard in college basketball.

Alternate access:
UConn point guard Tristen Newton named to Bob Cousy Award watch list

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Another perfect example of this staff developing players and putting them in a place to succeed.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Color me surprised. Nothing against Tristen as he's been a great add, but didn't realize he was getting that level of national traction. Good for him!

Reaction Score
UConn guard Tristen Newton was one of 20 players named to the watch list for the Bob Cousy Award, presented by the Basketball Hall of Fame. The award annually recognizes the top point guard in college basketball.

Alternate access:
UConn point guard Tristen Newton named to Bob Cousy Award watch list
I wonder why more people arent talking about Newt having a big year. I think he will play less pg as the season goes and be at his more natural sg spot as either Castle or Ball take over at the point. Yes i think Ball is going to be that good. Castle of course is a stud. This dude can flat out score and he really started getting it together after that terrible stretch he had and by the time the F4 came his confidence was insane and he absolutely dismantled SDSU almost singlehandedly in the second half of the title game.

Reactions: DCT
Reaction Score
Love Newton's game. Hits from deep, passes very well and rebounds great for a guard. What a luxury to have a guard who had 19 and 10 in the National Championship game back leading the team.

Reaction Score
If only he was good enough to HM preseason all big east. Must be a lot of BE guys on this watch list.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he gets the opportunity to play off-ball in big games, and we can trust Castle in those moments to distribute.

Reaction Score
Color me surprised. Nothing against Tristen as he's been a great add, but didn't realize he was getting that level of national traction. Good for him!
He lead a team to a national championship and came up huge when it mattered most.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom