Tristen newton can be a star college basketball PG next year here | The Boneyard

Tristen newton can be a star college basketball PG next year here

Reaction Score
He showed glimpses with two triple doubles and his tourney play. But there arent many 6-5 PGs out there and with his confidence hes primed to be a star player. I dont care what recruit we have Newton is going to be better. We worked very well using 4 guards last year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I just wish he’d put out a timeline on his decision. If you’re gonna enter the draft, why wait?

Reaction Score
I just wish he’d put out a timeline on his decision. If you’re gonna enter the draft, why wait?

He can put himself in front of NBA folks without any penalty. It a good way to get an assessment of his strengths and weaknesses. I'm assuming that Hurley is helping him through the process as an advisor. Love to have him back.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Judging by his tweet recently, I’d imagine the decision is already made. They might be determining how to handle it internally. Or maybe he’s still trying to determine what his professional prospects are. He did graduate so I can’t blame him if he tries to pursue that, even if it’s a non NBA route.
He obviously knows what he’s doing, as does the rest of the team. It’s just strange it’s been radio silent since Don made his decision public.

Reaction Score
We are a better team if he returns. I'll also respect if he goes pro and gets his paycheck. No wrong decision here IMO.
He can do what he wants. The days of fans, media saying he should come back or go, or he needs another year are over.

It used to be, if you didn’t make nba out of college it wasn’t going to happen. That meant it was imperative to be ready to stay on a roster.

Reaction Score
He obviously knows what he’s doing, as does the rest of the team. It’s just strange it’s been radio silent since Don made his decision public.

I don't know why there is an assumption that he "obviously" knows what he's doing but, even assuming that's the case, then wouldn't it stand to reason that the staff does as well so who gives a if it's not made public on the fans' timeline?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Getting feedback from front offices. They don't have a file on every D1 player and need to look at film to give honest answers.

Tristen is entitled to take as much tome as he wants no matter how impatient fans are.
Of course he does. But I’m gonna disagree that he doesn’t know where he stands by now, it’s just a matter of when he wants to make it public.

Reaction Score
Of course he does. But I’m gonna disagree that he doesn’t know where he stands by now, it’s just a matter of when he wants to make it public.

And he is entitled to make it public at his leisure. He doesn't HAVE to announce anything at all. If he wants to he can leave campus without making a peep.

The staff knows his plan and can recruit accordingly. That's all that matters. You are not entitled to timely information as a fan.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
And he is entitled to make it public at his leisure. He doesn't HAVE to announce anything at all. If he wants to he can leave campus without making a peep.

The staff knows his plan and can recruit accordingly. That's all that matters. You are not entitled to timely information as a fan.
1681240359496.gif

Reaction Score
Would love Tristan back. If we aren’t going after a pure PG in the portal, I’d be cool with Castle at PG and Newton off the ball as a SG. Step down in shooting from this season unfortunately but overall a good 1-2.

Reaction Score

The NBA draft deadline is April 23, I’d assume he’ll declare for the draft if he leaves.

Reaction Score
even if he declared for the draft asap he has until 6/1 to withdraw and return to school. same with aj and sanogo, so them taking their time to declare doesnt really make a difference. we wont know for sure if they are staying or leaving for almost 2 months.

Reaction Score
Would love Tristan back. If we aren’t going after a pure PG in the portal, I’d be cool with Castle at PG and Newton off the ball as a SG. Step down in shooting from this season unfortunately but overall a good 1-2.
Don’t think we’ll give full reigns to Castle at PG right away. I mean, Newton was just the starting PG on the national champs. They’ll share the load, and that will benefit both of them.

Reaction Score
Don’t think we’ll give full reigns to Castle at PG right away. I mean, Newton was just the starting PG on the national champs. They’ll share the load, and that will benefit both of them.

100% it would be shared responsibility

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The NBA draft deadline is April 23, I’d assume he’ll declare for the draft if he leaves.

The real deadline is June 1st, which is the deadline to withdraw from the draft and maintain your college eligibility. So even if he declares by the 23rd that won't tell us for sure what he's doing.

Reaction Score
He showed glimpses with two triple doubles and his tourney play. But there arent many 6-5 PGs out there and with his confidence hes primed to be a star player. I dont care what recruit we have Newton is going to be better. We worked very well using 4 guards last year.
Hes problably not going to play a lot of point next year and would likely prefer to play at his more natural position of sg with Castle and Ball splitting time there. Of course i think he`ll start the season at or share time but i think he`ll eventually play little poin.

Last edited by a moderator:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

This just in. Spoiled, arrogant and entitled shirts are being printed as we speak.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom